Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gts temp

Options
  • 20-10-2007 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

ehhh, bollox. :rolleyes:

i jus realised i completely forgot about my gts fan speed and had it running at a constant 20% even during 3dmark06, games and the likes...

it was gettin up to 80c and more even i think

possible permanent damage? its runnin 60c load now at 80%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

the cards can withstand uptil about 100+ degrees fine. most cards threshold would be like 120deg before shutdown..

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

It'll be fine. Why not just run the fan with thermal control?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

thermal control in ntune and rivatuner dont seem to work, maybe theres some settings that im missing somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Simple solution for unsatisfactory temps.

Get yourself a PCI exhaust blower. They might not look like much but believe me they work wonders! I just got the cheapest one I could find, a single slot Akasa one, and it must of knocked at least 8-10C off load.. My card OC'd to 680/1970 maxes out at only 67C!!

You should really check em out. Got mine for around 5 euro off OcUK.

Advertisement