Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB sales rep

Options
  • 20-10-2007 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I've Eircom.

A sales rep from IBB keeps emailing and calling pestering me to transfer over to them.

I use broadband 24/7 for the work I do and I told him that if I switch then there could be zero downtime. I also told him they would have to match my daily rate if there was any downtime during the switch. I don't know if I'll go with them, the risk might be too high!
    what do you think?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Most people have blogs for things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

CuLT wrote: »

Although he worded it a bit weird I think he is asking the question is the downtime the rep has said true or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

well, since ibb dont use the phone for broadband you wont have any downtime if you dont cancel the phone until after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Ibb offer dsl now too... so this sales rep is probably referring to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

yes its adsl im referring to . they are reselling eircoms product. i hate these short smart answers

- just answer the question or dont bother if you've nothing to contribute!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ask a question and perhaps I can give you an answer. I don't see a single question mark in your posts, nor do I see anything that is phrased as a question, but missing that mark.

Edit: Oh you've added a question mark, fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

on your little power trip or just a grammar Nazi??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

aphex™ wrote: »
    Switching DSL providers generally includes lots of downtime. Up to a month maybe more, going on reports in here.

Maybe they have a stop gap whereby they give you a lend of their broadband box things- Ripwave that has crap speeds (this is an assumption I am making). If this is the case (ask them) then you need to see if you can handle the bad speeds it offers for a month.

IBB send you a transfer form from whatever ISP you have, you then post it to them, they give you a date when your line will be enabled, transferred in 5 mins., used same modem just put in their password etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

stanley1 wrote: »
    IBB send you a transfer form from whatever ISP you have, you then post it to them, they give you a date when your line will be enabled, transferred in 5 mins., used same modem just put in their password etc.

Oh really? Cool, I think the month I was refering to was for unbundeling the line in order to move off the Eircom network. Yeah, sounds right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

aphex™ wrote: »
    Oh really? Cool, I think the month I was refering to was for unbundeling the line in order to move off the Eircom network. Yeah, sounds right.

I think the other user was reffering to a bitstream product and not the unbundled line. I imagine eircom make it very annoying to switch to an unbundled line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement