Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12v PCI-e Power Connector to Mobo

Options
  • 20-10-2007 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

First of what could be many questions today .

This gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 mobo has a 4 pin 12v connector for the pci-e . I presume I don't use this for my 1950 pro as I will be connecting it to the psu . Is this used when you have 2 cards ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Are you talking about the four pin atx style connector at the edge of the mobo, or the molex near the pcie slots. If it's the molex then you shouldn't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

nibble wrote: »
    Are you talking about the four pin atx style connector at the edge of the mobo, or the molex near the pcie slots. If it's the molex then you shouldn't need it.

Yeah , the Molex near the pcie slot ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No you dont really need it. But its good to have it anyway. I have the same with this board, and i find overclocks on the card are much more stable with it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks for the replies ppl .

Back up and running with my all new ( to me ) rig ..... just need to start installing all my crap now ....oh ,, and sit and wait for the millions of windows updates .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anti wrote: »
    No you dont really need it. But its good to have it anyway. I have the same with this board, and i find overclocks on the card are much more stable with it in.

Ya, i had the same on my aw9d-max, never used it at first, but got a much more stable oc on my gpu (volt modded) when i used it. If ya can, use it

• Advertisement
Advertisement