Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good photoshop tutorial book

Options
  • 20-10-2007 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

im looking for a good photoshop tutorial book. something that explains the different types of layers, basic techniques such as basic photo adjustment( sharpening, brightening, etc), methods of selection and all the basics that can be put together to allow someone to be proficient in photoshop.

Can someone recommend a book for me? I know there are tons of tutorials online but it takes so much searching. thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I can't reccommend a book but these podcasts are great...
    http://www.photoshopusertv.com/
    and for quick tips:
    http://www.photoshopkillertips.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

don't bother with books. everything in them is online for free, and often a lot easier to follow. also, most books still seem to be in cs2 standard, while most photoshop users i know have migrated on to cs3.

i'd definitely check out "pixel perfect" on revision3 though. great stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

fguihen wrote: »
    im looking for a good photoshop tutorial book. something that explains the different types of layers, basic techniques such as basic photo adjustment( sharpening, brightening, etc), methods of selection and all the basics that can be put together to allow someone to be proficient in photoshop.

Can someone recommend a book for me? I know there are tons of tutorials online but it takes so much searching. thanks guys.
    As reccommended to another poster, you should look at 'Total training' and 'Lynda.com' for some excellent sit back and watch step by step videos on dvd/ cd.
    I really wouldn't go for books, I have about 20 of the bloody things and all they do is take up space.

Advertisement