Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic stolen last night

Options
  • 20-10-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Last night my brothers civic was stolen from clontarf, even if the car has

She is a Jap import, 1.3 Special Edition, Black with wrap around front indicators if anyone sees it please call the gards.

Thanks

DSCF0729.jpg

DSCF0727.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Will keep an eye out for it, shouldn't be too many of that shape knocking around now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

used to have one of these, id know one a mile away,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭beatman91

It was stolen on the Northside from Contarf. The petrol tank was almost empty so the couldn't go far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

What's the deal with sticking the registration plate on the windshield, behind some windscreen wipers ? That HAS to be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

What's the deal with sticking the registration plate on the windshield, behind some windscreen wipers ? That HAS to be illegal.

Not saying that this is the case here, but some one reversed into my car and cracked the number plate on one of the screws, so it was hanging on by the other so I removed the plate until I got a replacement. While I had the plate on the dash I was stopped at a check point, explained what happened, she was happy enough but said I was to get it replaced asap.

Hope you get it back, about 8 years ago my little bro had one of these civics, great little car very nippy, robbed twice from different locations but recovered from the same place each time, shankill dart station.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pipsss

beatman91 wrote: »
    It was stolen on the Northside from Contarf. The petrol tank was almost empty so the couldn't go far.

if they filled it up with petrol the car would have doubled its value!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nomel

I did'nt find it funy piss

She was really cean, reg fell off so we just put it there the day he bought it.

It was kind off less illegal then not having it at all.

And its not about the value of the car "piss", you must have never had anything stolen from you before. Your a dope.

They had left another civic behind, which they took earlier in the night, so i'm happy at least that owner will get their car back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

beatman91 wrote: »
    They had left another civic behind, which they took earlier in the night
    Ask the police to dust this for prints - the scumbags are probably on file.

Not your ornery onager

The coppers did say that they won't give the car back for a few days if they find it so hopefully that ment that.

I had a attempted car theft a few years back the the guy got 6 months in jail for it. I was quite happy with that as he cut the soft top on my car to get in.

• Advertisement

^ I meant the car that was left behind!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Hi Beatman,

Hope your brother gets back the car - try and ignore the assh0les on here that have F all better to do than crack smart comments.

Btw, hope you are getting good use out of the trailer:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Sorry to hear that OP, i'll work around Clontarf all night on tuesday(i know its a long shot) but i'll keep my eye out, great little cars but definately a joyriders fav car, my aunt has one broken into about 5 times they never got it! theres alot to be said for a dirty big chain and padlock!

-VB-

Thanks guys, I drove around again today but no luck. I know there is a very slim chance I'll see it but you never know.

I know I'm making a big fuss but it was a really nice car and he only had it six weeks. Its all he could afford :) .

It was just a long shot incase someone got it offered for parts or just saw it abandoned.

And yes I'm gonna start building this week so the trailer should come handy. Thanks Gyppo.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

pipsss wrote: »

Your first post on boards.ie and what a wonderful contribution :rolleyes:

Consider yourself warned. The next time it won't be a warning...

beatman91, check usuall areas for abandoned cars, Baldoyle Ind Est, Coolock Ind Est, Coolock, Darndale, all have areas where they go to hop out of cars and leave them for god knows, also East Wall and the port.

-VB-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

pure insensitive dickhead, if you knew anything about cars you would know its a special edition and pretty rare at that, used to have one meself,. will give ya shout if it shows up around my way beatman,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

he should be banned for slating the civic like that, moron.!

people have had luck in the past with things like this so you might be lucky, unfortunately, even special ed civics are easy to break into it seems.

scumbags nicked my civic in cork and totalled it.

Bono stopped for piss outside the George. Give the guy a break, he's just curious! :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

esel wrote: »
    Bono stopped for piss outside the George. Give the guy a break, he's just curious! :eek:

Huh? :confused:

Either that's the off topicest post ever, or I'm missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Take a spin up along the Coast Rd OP on weekend nights.
    Boy racers everywhere.

Now I'm assuming the thieves were stealing this for parts but if they were stupid enough to drive this around, you may well find it here.

However I fear it's already been burned out in Darndale or some other hellhole

What do you mean by OP?
    esel wrote: »
    ^ I meant the car that was left behind!

Sorry mate I missunderstood, yes I think they will do that.

If they had their fun and left it behind I'm sure I'd be able to bring it back to life but if its burnt out, well then thats kind of the end of it.

The night it happened I was in every petrol station on the north side, every business park and open space I could possibly think off. Even the beach, but its two days now so I can't see getting this back at all.

Not sure why they got rid off one to steal another and like someone said before they are so easy to steal that even kids could do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

OP: Original Poster

milltown wrote: »
    Huh? :confused:

Either that's the off topicest post ever, or I'm missing something.
    Have a look at piss's (pipsss) other posts and you'll understand. ;)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just addin myself into the to see what happen's... Best of luck with it... My brothers car was broken into a few weeks ago... Didn't take the car but took everythin else... Ipod, fags, lighter the whole lot... Best of luck anywho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

i drive arround most of northside dublin and meath area ill keep an eye out, post this on dtdirl.com they are sure to keep an eye out, a car like that will stan out a mile, i really love the old EF`s, Good luck

Thanks guys one of the guys on this site pm'ed me and was right. Anyhow the coppers found the car a few minutes ago.

I went down to have a look and its not that bad and good enough to repair it.

They are gonna dust it tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for all the help and comments.

Where was it found?

-VB-

Eastwall just around the corner from the point depot

• Advertisement

Well ya got it back, thats the main thing, hope your brother gets it back on the road soon.

-VB-

Advertisement