Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front panel jumper

Options
  • 20-10-2007 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

This is going to cause me a nightmare....

I have the Xion Black Pearl II case, and Gigabyte GA945P-S3

There are several jumpers on the mobo for the front panel connections, all different colours etc and identifiable easily thru the motherboard manual.

There are four different connections which I need to attach to these jumpers: Power switch, reset button, status LED and HDD Led.

I have figured out where the connectors need to go, but what I have not figured is what way to insert them, and which is + and - etc. There is a small arrow at one side of each of the connectors, is this an indication as to which is positive etc?

Any help gratefully appriciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Check the manuals for the mobo and the case. It should clearly indicate which is +/-. But if you cant find it, the the red is +.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Right so, red is positive. There is only one red wire in the loom, the rest are orange, blue,green etc with a coloured wire and a white wire in each pair. I have deduced that the coloured wire in each case is the +

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is there a little mark on the connectors, like a small triangle or somethin else, this usually indicates positive in each pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Is there a little mark on the connectors, like a small triangle or somethin else, this usually indicates positive in each pair.

Yea has those. Figured they were probably the +

Problem now solved :D

Advertisement