Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 3347NWG: stats not showing who's connected wirelessly

Options
  • 20-10-2007 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

for the sake of security, I want to see what computers are connecting to my eircom router wirelessly. I've changed the default SSID.

In the admin page, I go to Expert mode -> Statistics -> LAN -> Devices on LAN. Here, it's only listing the computer that's wired to the router through an ethernet cable. It's not listing my current wireless connection to it, for example.

Is there a way to see what clients are connected to the router wirelessly?

Thanks.
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Afaik the Netopia only lists clients that are assigned an ip address by the router and not ones that have been manually assigned.
    My wireless pcs always showed up on the 'Devices on LAN' list.
    Have you manually setup the ip address on your laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eoinoc333

That's interesting. But I've double-checked, and I'm obtaining an IP address automatically on the laptop.

Eoin

Advertisement