Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Promotion for Lt.Gen. Nash

• 20-10-2007 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed how the army now has two serving Lieutenant Generals? General Earley, COS and General Nash, Operations Cmdr of EU Force in Chad.

I was under the impression that the army would assign the Lt. General rank specifically to the one person that is the senior officer.

If you look at the latest news on military.ie it refers to Gen.Nash as Lt.Gen. and in his profile it refers to him as Major Gen. Does this mean that he is acting Lt.Gen while on EU duty? (Based in Paris I believe).

Also, Who has taken over as Deputy Chief of Staff in his absence? Will this mean a large chain of officers acting up to the rank above until Lt.Gen. Nash returns from his EU posting? i.e. the position of D.Cos/Ops being held by a Brig.Gen. for the time being?

Sorry for all the questions! Just curious!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

He has been promoted due to the fact he will be Operational Commander of the UN Forces in Chad. He will return to Maj. General rank when his term as OC finishes.

As for who will take his place as Deputy Chief Of Staff, that has yet to be decided as far as I know. They will more than likely be temporarily promoted to Maj. General for their time as Deputy Chief Of Staff.

Advertisement