Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs during the leavin

Options
  • 20-10-2007 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

how many of youz have part time jobs? how much do ya work a week and does it interfere with your studys at all? i dont think it would. just thinkin of takin up a part time job durin the leavin myself and seein what your thoughts are. p.s. are all the part time jobs in dublin city centre already taken? thanks v.much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

i work saturdays, but i'm only in 5th year.

does get in the way though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well it would of been alright to of worked from the start of 6th year to christmas but its a bit late now, I don't think its a good idea after christmas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Loads of places hiring on Grafton Street. Bad idea after Christmas, and ridiculous after the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I am in sixth year and work 3 hours on a Thursday and Friday, 9 on a Saturday and 6 on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Are you keeping that job after christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

mmm i m iin 6th and work 6 hours on thursdays, sometime fridays and 6 or 7 on weekends.. no weekends off what so ever T_T
    Hate that job, really interfers with study, u get kind of tired and lose the interest in doing anything..
    Eh.. cant wait to drop that job, probably going to be somewhere in November so there will be time to study for christmas exms. :)

If u planning to get a job, make sure its a quite one.. well deffenetly quite if u planning on keeping it after christmas, otherwise u ll be just exhausted.
    Plus it depends on the points u want to achieve, if u aming high.. seriously think twice before involving ur self in the working life )))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

1huge1 wrote: »
    Are you keeping that job after christmas?

I was thinking of giving it up, but am not a 100% sure tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

don't do it!

It's a few years since I did my Leaving, but the same system endures. To a great extent, it will decide where you'll be and what you'll be doing for the next few years.

If you have something in mind that you'd like to do, give it everything to get there.
    You can have so much more fun on the other side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Loads of places hiring on Grafton Street. Bad idea after Christmas, and ridiculous after the mocks.

Do you know what shops are hiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I worked through 5th and 6th year. Towards the end of 6th year my manager was sound enough to drop me to one day a week just to hold me the job for after the LC. During the LC period I got 2-3 weeks holidays to do the exams. Worked out grand. They stress all the time how important it is you don't work during the LC, but Feck em'! ;)

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

^what did you get in your LC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Low-mid 300's, didn't need the points anyway. I only needed 240 or so for what I wanted to do (Bs. in Computing - 4 Year HL ). I did feck all work anyway.

I guess if you needed the points and alot of them, working throughout the year isn't the best approach to take.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

listen dont panic , The leavin cert is over-rated i promise , anyone who done it will tell you this !! if you one it is grand , keeps you on money without interferring with the leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i had a job from the start of 5th year up until february in 6th year.and i shouldve kept it on.i was workin 3 days a week and if i had known how much of a joke the leavin was i deffo wouldve kept it on!! if you can get by without doin much work then deffo get a job.otherwise i'd be a bit more cautious.

Advertisement