Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

put all XML files in one XML ?

Options
  • 20-10-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, im using flex2/actionscript 3.0 , im pretty i cant use this,
    the files are local , what language can i use which would allow me to copy details of all xml files in one dir and put the details in a new xml, eg in a new tag eg: <1>file one xml stuff </1> etc

it would need to be executable? any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Placebo wrote: »
    im pretty i cant use this,

Well if you're pretty what difference does it make if you can't use it :)

Does actionscript support XML? If not you could write a VBscript and execute it within the windows scripting host (assuming you're on windows). If it *nix I'm sure theres a shell script you can write.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lol ;) pretty sure*

It does support xml but only supports writing on a server [not locally] only reads locally, might try it with flex3/air :s

yeah i was thinking of doing it with vbs, wasnt sure of the capabilities, i will need to search the dir upon opening and searching for any xml files then adding them to one with a opening and closing string i suppose, updating might be a bitch ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

quickupdate, i didnt wanna go there but i decided to just go for AIR/flex3 and got it working using filestreams, with a += in a forloop doing the job,
    thanks for the reply evilphil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

wy not to the os (dos/unix) etc and stream the files togthere?

maybe something like type *.xml > myxml.xml

Advertisement