Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Business dodgiest service ever!

Options
  • 20-10-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Magnet Business have been screwing around with me ever since they bought over Netsource, a company which I was with and never had any trouble with. I had major problems with direct debits for ages (they wouldn't take them out and my balance kept getting bigger and bigger). - once I thought I had it all sorted I got post to say they had problems with Direct Debit system upgrade or something and it had all been fixed so I thought that would be the end of it but how wrong was I?

VERY WRONG!!!! :confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::confused::(:eek:

Any time I ring to ask about a billing query there's nobody to deal with it and I leave my number and only ever got a callback once after I cancelled my service. I'm still getting billed and a lot of figures and dates they quoted me to do with my direct debits didn't add up. The worst thing is paying quarterly as it's very hard to see month to month what's going on. but that aside, their level of customer service is astoundingly bad. yes the BB service itself was fine when I had it but that's no excuse for treating customers like they don't exist. I even got the credit control managers number once. rang it two or three times and left messages and guess what? I never once got a call back from him! What kind of Mickey Mouse company are they running?

as for Magnet for homes, I don't know. I just don't trust the company at all and I never will again. I would advise against them if u value your time and money. in my opinion they are the dodgiest company I've ever dealt with!!! that includes buying stuff "down the market" and off ebay etc. etc.

My God, I just can't put into words how dodgy these guys were when it came to my service. I'd go as far as to say Eircom are like 100 times better service!!!! that's no joke!! :eek:

I've moved to Imagine for phone and broadband and although I had some technical problems at the start, they always ring me back when I need them and their online billing system is perfect so far. :)

anyway this is all just my opinion. maybe I'm just the unluckiest person EVER when it comes to ringing this company.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I have similar problems. I have been ringing them and emailing them for 5 months to reduce my connection from 6Mb to 3Mb but it still has never happened.
    I got a letter from them about 2 weeks ago to tell me they would be taking 1600 yo yo from my account even though I have been paying them through DD. When I rang up to inquire they say they have been having software problems with their DD system. Very Bad Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

I just rang in this morning. hit 3 for billing, as I do most Monday mornings when I'm trying to sort out these billing problems. got an agent fairly quickly... told him my problem....... but wait.... he says 'you're actually through to tech support' oh what an effing surprise I think to myself. I asked for his manager. He was like 'but this is billing' and I said 'well every time I ring and hit 3 for billing I don't get a billing agent... do you even have billing agents?' - he promised me a billing agent would call back at 10... I won't hold my breath.

Isnt that funny, the very same thing happened to me, got through to tech support. You will need to email barry.foster@magnetbusiness.ie for billing problems.

ok they actually rang me... must be because of the tone of voice I used earlier... seems to be the only way to get things done... is to threaten them.... it shouldn't have to be that way... but anyway.....

They said they'd probably credit me the money owed and the girl on the phone (she was actually quite helpful) said she'd get back to me when she knew what had happened.

I'm convinced they don't have any PCs or anything, they just keep all their records on papyrus or write stuff on the wall with crayons.....

The email address she had for me was wrong as well, even though I've quoted it to agents about 2 or 3 times.... She corrected it. I so want to get away from this company... they're like a really bad ex-girlfriend or something.

Isnt that funny, the very same thing happened to me, got through to tech support. You will need to email barry.foster@magnetbusiness.ie for billing problems.

That's the guy I was dealing with for SALES I think!!!!! when I was first getting moved from netsource to magnet (when they bought netsource) - I had major hassles. They had 2 billing accounts for me for ages even though I had told them that all I was doing was moving house.... anyway it took me long enough to get that sorted but leaving them altogether has been a major pain.

Anyway, is Barry in sales or billing??? Is there only like 2 or 3 people working for Magnet?

When I get the name of the billing girl who's helping me today and I'll IM it to ya Paddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sounds like an amateur service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Note that all these complaints are about the billing not the service ...which is excellent .

davil wrote: »
    That's the guy I was dealing with for SALES I think!!!!! when I was first getting moved from netsource to magnet (when they bought netsource) - I had major hassles. They had 2 billing accounts for me for ages even though I had told them that all I was doing was moving house.... anyway it took me long enough to get that sorted but leaving them altogether has been a major pain.

Anyway, is Barry in sales or billing??? Is there only like 2 or 3 people working for Magnet?

When I get the name of the billing girl who's helping me today and I'll IM it to ya Paddy.

I think this name is only an alias the same way they do it in Sky. I have spoken to the same barry foster several times and each time he sounded different, very different.

That's crazy... also I just realised that I was looking for billing whereas sales is actually the right department for you... but if I were you I'd be getting as far away from them as possible as they'll probably start a seperate account for your 3MB like they did for me... and bill you seperately as well lol.

Anyway I know you want sales dept., but if you want the Billing Administrator's details for future use just ask and I'll IM you.

no problem, thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement