Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XII

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Wow :eek: Really Beerwolf? I mean like.... Really??? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Madrox

FF XII was utter tripe. i was off sick from work and tried to get back into it. im about 27 hours in, but the awful gameplay and complete lack of an interesting story make it the worst FF ever, by a longshot. I hated absolutely everything about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Enough effort wasnt but into creating the FMVs cause the best of the FF crew for the most part were working on FFXIII (so ive heard). Fingers crossed XIII will have the best parts of X, XII and more...man thatll be a super game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I hope it is, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

carbonkid wrote: »
    Enough effort wasnt but into creating the FMVs cause the best of the FF crew for the most part were working on FFXIII (so ive heard). Fingers crossed XIII will have the best parts of X, XII and more...man thatll be a super game!

Sorry to burst your bubble but the best of the final fantasy crew have left squaresoft and are working on xbox360 titles as Mistwalker. It's the reason that a whole new team had to be formed for FFXII. Same team is working on FFXIII and even more worrying is that the twat that directed crapfest Advent Children is producing that game. At least FFVII Crisis Core has some original FF staff working on it and is supposedly rather good. If your looking for a good FF game your better off getting whatever Mistwalker and Level 5 bring out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The problem is they sucked all the fun out of the games. About 15 hours of my FF X gameplay was Blitzball. IX and VIII had the card games, VII had the Golden Saucer, half of IX was messing around with mini-games like skipping sure the first quarter of the third disk was messing around.

There is very little fun in FF XII. No mini-games and no general messing around, its very serious and the plot just keeps moving on from one point to another. I'm pushing myself to finish it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

About 15 hours of my FF X gameplay was Blitzball.

Is that all? I was addicted to blitzball and more or less played it solidly for ages once I got into it. I even forgot whereabouts I was in the game or what I was meant to be doing at one stage because it had been so long since I had done anything none blitzball related in the game.

It is nice to just step back from the story every once in a while and do something different. That's why I loved the card games/blitzball in previous games. Well and because they were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Ah don't mean to sound like i hated it but when your used to ledgendary prequils its hard not to be a tad disappointed :D

Heh, well I really wasn't. Once I adjusted to the new system I loved it as much as every other FF, bar maybe VI and VII. It was 120 hours of pure brilliance in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

carbonkid wrote: »
    Anyways logged on to ask does anyone know a good place in FFXII to bufff up my guys from 55 to about 60/65? Anywhere i go either i only get a crappy 500 exp or it takes too long to kill them.

Giruvegan is probably the best place in the game to level, i got up quite a few levels there waiting for the zodiac escutcheon to appear.

Also here is a fairly good auto-levelling guide
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/45730
    Takes a lot of time but at least you don't have to be there watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i remember thay recommend some special controller which you can set it keep pressing one button inside lol cause' if ya know the right way,you can just leave the game run and go to sleep ,unless,when one of your character die,the screen pause,that's why you need that special controller.

it's sad if any game is treated in this way.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i played thru the game with only 3 chars so their is about a 20lv. difference between the main 3 and the backup 3. I wanted to have a crack at the omega weapon and wanted a fairly balanced team. Grinding is a bad way to try and progress in a game, but if it has to be done i'd rather not have to stare at the sceen while its happening.

Also, with the gambit system most battles are just getting the main char to attack and wait for them to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

haven't finished any game, ha, but funny i bought ffXII the day i was finished my junior cert, played it all summer like everyday but now in ty , still couldn't be bothered playing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DionysusReborn

Absolutely, your problem might be the new gaming system, it just doesn't feel like final fantasy, however it becomes one of the best as you get into it and is very close to being as good as ff7

Advertisement