Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bt broadband

Options
  • 20-10-2007 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭

bit of advise please.i have bt bb thru my landline lately its being acting up.i cud be on the net for ages and then when i go to change sites it takes an age to switch or wont responde at all just get a message on fire fox telling me there must be a problem some where.then if i leave it a while it will be perfect again ?any ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

yabadabado wrote: »
    fire fox telling me there must be a problem some where

I think you need to provide a bit information on the problem or error. This could be a problem with firefox itself. I run your anti-virus and see if it shows up anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the message from firefox says "boards.ie is taking to long to respond then tells me to check spelling of website, check for firewall things like that .my problem is one minute its working then the next its not.i have run my anti virus nothing shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I have the same broadband. The odd time I have to turn off my modem for a minute and back on and it works mostimes. Go to voyager.home and make sure you are connected.

I also had another problem where my laptop wouldn't work but the PC and xbox 360 did. I ran AVG spyware test and deleted all cookies and it worked. Had to fo this twice this year, don't exactly know what the propblem was but it fixed it.

Also try resetting modem by sticking pin into back of it.

Generally it's pretty reliable, would only stop working for an hour or so once a month at most.

Brst of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

yabadabado wrote: »
    the message from firefox says "boards.ie is taking to long to respond then tells me to check spelling of website, check for firewall things like that .my problem is one minute its working then the next its not.i have run my anti virus nothing shows up.

You're getting timeouts connecting to various websites yeah? I've been seeing something like that lately too and I think it's BT's DNS servers. Site works fine right now, then you click a link and get the standard server not responding page in Firefox. Reload the page and it's probably fine.

I only started seeing this in the last few weeks but it's becoming incredibly annoying. The same sites work perfectly every time on O2 and at work so I'm sure it's a BT problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i have bt too and it happens to me. I have to switch my router off and on sometimes and it always starts working again. I thought my router was faulty but apparently not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah folks thats exactly wots happening me. its just like all of u have mentioned (i do turn off/on the router and it used to always work again last few times it hasnt).must be a bt problem .cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

jor el wrote: »
    You're getting timeouts connecting to various websites yeah? I've been seeing something like that lately too and I think it's BT's DNS servers.

This kinda thing was happening to me all the time.

I changed my DNS server to OpenDNS. Apart from the odd one or two times, I've had no problems since.

OpenDNS servers

Advertisement