Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Port Forward with uTorrent on IBB Breeze

Options
  • 20-10-2007 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Help Please :o
    Basically as the title says I can't Port Forward using uTorrent on Irish Broadband Breeze.

Now the only solution's I can find involve a router, however Irish Broadband Breeze service don't use routers like what is used by Eircom, BT etc. All they have is the Antenna on the roof, Cat5 cable coming down from the Antenna, which goes into POE (Power over Ethernet) box and the POE box connects to the PC.

If there is no router, how can I Port Forward? :confused:

Thanks in advance
    :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

As you don't have the router, you don't need to do any forwarding. It's a naked Internet connection that you're provided (firewall up, pal!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Its the windows firewall you need to open ports on if you don't have a router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yep as others have said if you have that breeze broadband plugged straight into your machine you have no port forwarding to do, you may have to config a software firewall like the windows one or a third party one if you have one installed (which you should if your using breeze without a router)

Advertisement