Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny/Drainpipe jeans for men.

• 20-10-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Stand

I’m thinking about giving the skinny jeans look a go, and was wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to shop for this type of trouser/jean with the best section?

+ do you think these sort of jeans only suit tall skinny blokes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

skinny jeans are for stupid emo kids and gays only if your male

end of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

...........riiiiight?

A mate of mine always wears them. As far as I know, he gets most of em in Eager Beaver in Templebar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shoeaddict

I think they look cool on the right guy. Obviously being tall and slim is a pre-requisite to pull off this look.

All the guys in London and Paris are wearing them right now.

S x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Stand

Varkov wrote: »
    ...........riiiiight?

A mate of mine always wears them. As far as I know, he gets most of em in Eager Beaver in Templebar.

Cheers, I checked eager beaver, anywhere else anyone know of?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Possibly topman might do them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

BT2 and Urban Outfitters both sell Nudie jeans which have a style call slim jims and though they look great they're quite pricey. If I was you I'd get a cheap pair from H&M first before buying more expensive ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

if you're skinny, you risk being a fashion victim, OP.

if you're not, you risk worse

Topman is full of skinny jeans. You'll also find rails and rails of them in shop at the side of the Powerscourt Centre in Dublin [I think that it's called 'All Saints']

- you've made me an accomplice in this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

There is a brand called Cheap Monday, which are good for skinny jeans. All the guys and girls (they are unisex) I know wear them...
    You can get them in Urban Outfitters in Temple Bar or in Dundrum. They're about 60euro. All different colours.
    Otherwise, Topman do relatively skinny jeans but Cheap Monday are so much better!!

http://www.cheapmonday.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

You don't need to be tall to wear them, I think they look great on guys. With a pair of runners, like converse or a nice pair of boots or shoes. I love drainpipes on guys!!
    If your really fat then they're probably not the best idea but even then, just get a pair that are a bit looser, as long as they don't flare out! Just make sure you're comfortable with what you buy, you can always get tighter ones once you realise how great they are!
    My ex hated them but decided to buy a pair and now he wears the tightest/skinniest jeans possible and they look good!
    Let us know which ones you buy!

Seraphina wrote: »

end of

I kind of agree. I've seen a fair amount of guys wearing them, and they all look emo or highly camp.
    I've yet to see a guy looking good in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Makes you look like a German punk imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

Seraphina wrote: »

end of
    i agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Yawn, I guess any bloke that tries anything is gay.

Skinny jeans dont look well but "fitted jeans" do, basiclly jeans that aren't baggy and dont cling to you too much and are about 30' length, so the ends of your jeans dont cover your cons/vans.

I'd rather see skinny jeans that hideous dyed & ripped jeans though, god we can please move on from 2002

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Flares, have always been and always will be; way cooler.

Advertisement