Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My UCD

Options
  • 20-10-2007 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone had a chance to look at "My UCD" in the homepage? What do you think. It really consists of a number of students talking about how great the college is and how fantastic modularisation has been for their degrees. (one Arts student getting credits for partaking in the UCD sinfonia, which implies that UCD gives out credits for soceity/club involvement)

Is it just me or does anyone get the impression that some admin blokes are behind the camera with a gun and a kitten while Dr Brady smokes in the shadows?

tripe and lies. unfortunately UCD's rep has spread outside of its conclave and no ammount of self pleasure on behalf of the college will con people into coming here.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Yep. They pretty much invite people in and work on what they're going to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Okay, not to be cliché or anything, but I think this may be America's fault. We market our schools like companies (some of them even refer to students as "customers" in internal literature), and that's exactly what this whole My UCD thing looks like. Don't worry, you, too, will become jaded about it in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

its one of the funniest things i'd ever seen- All of the animation is just priceless. They were clearly all told what to say and paid well for it. I know one of the people on it and they would never say that kinda stuff- in fact im pretty sure they hated horizons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

:D Wonder how much they got paid to be sycophantic slags? The poor girl who had to mime playing the double bass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Ahhh so funny. Could they make it sound more rehearsed?! lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Indeed. Sure I happen to know that one of the supposed '3rd years' is a final year. Yeah modularisation worked for him seeing as he wasn't modularised....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fluther

It's so bad...i cannot believe the college expect anyone to take that seriously...it's things like this that make me ashamed of where i go to college!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Grimes wrote: »
    (one Arts student getting credits for partaking in the UCD sinfonia, which implies that UCD gives out credits for soceity/club involvement)
    You can take part in the orchestra for credit. Choir too. You don't have to be in arts either...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

SumGuy wrote: »
    You can take part in the orchestra for credit. Choir too. You don't have to be in arts either...

implies you get credit for all society and club involvement. Which you do not.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Surely that could be taken up with the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Grimes wrote: »
    implies you get credit for all society and club involvement. Which you do not.

I didn't get that impression at all. She specifically mentioned that she got credit for the orchestra, which it also says when you hover over the double bass at the bottom of the screen.
    It mentions nothing about credit for any other society involvement, e.g. when she mentions jazzsoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

it all smells a bit funny if you ask me

Advertisement