Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

John Petrucci

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

his alternate picking is...good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

his alternate picking is...good

Hah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

It's all just so easy for him...

What a sap!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

He's a bit of a w@nker alright ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

click the "john petrucci psycho execices 4" video when that finishes. hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

For all the man's talent, his solo stuff just sounds like warm up exercises. A shame really, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

I think hes unreal.He a complete perfectionist.Did you ever hear Jaws of life.Limp Bizkit totally ripped him off with eat you alive:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Eh, Jaws Of Life was released 2 years after Limp Bizkit released Eat You Alive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

:D i love that song, my favourite of his, i find it hard to stomach his DT stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Taken from G3: Live In Toyko, great DVD. The song, Glasgow Kiss, is also one of my favourite Petrucci ones and one that definitely sounds superior than the album version imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

feylya wrote: »
    For all the man's talent, his solo stuff just sounds like warm up exercises. A shame really, imo.

I really enjoy his solo stuff. Sure, it's no DT or LTE, but it's still damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dogatemylegoff

I think his solo stuff is amazing bar the stuff he did with Jordan Rudess, the kinda acoustic jazz improvisation thing, he's a pretty down to earth guy aswell, saw him in Hellfest with DT and man was he amazing live note perfect... disgusting if you are a guitarist knowing you'll never get to his level this century:eek:

Advertisement