Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much Would It Cost To Change The Automatic Transmission To Manual!?

Options
  • 20-10-2007 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all....

I need to know how much it would cost to change the automatic transmission of my Mazda RX-7 to a Manual 6 speed gear box. Is it worth it? Can I get peoples opinions on this please!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I don't have a figure, but I would say.......a lot! If you really want a manual, you'd be better off changing the car.

Apart from the gearbox itself, you are looking at a clutch pedal and linkages, new brake pedal, throttle/injection changes, ECU chip, possibly a new exhaust, and probably some other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I agree. It's not worth it. Trade in/sell your own and buy a manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

esel wrote: »
    If you really want a manual, you'd be better off changing the car.

I agree - too much involved. Change the car and move up a year or two for the price of the conversion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Barricade-S281

Right ok. Well It was worth getting peoples opinions on the matter. I love my RX. It's such a good drive. I got it from Japan as an import; great price. Anyway, I suppose I'll just import another. Anyway thanks for the info guys

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Go on to irishrotary.com

It might be worth changing as manual RX7's are more valuable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

IMO changing an automatic to a manual will devalue a car. Definiely not worth doing for all the reasons above. A lot less stress and probably money in trading in for the manual version.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Go on to irishrotary.com

It might be worth changing as manual RX7's are more valuable.

Would they be worth the price of the Auto + conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends on the car really, if it's rough it's not worth doing.

Advertisement