Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone think that....

• 20-10-2007 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

Konnan will ever return to TNA? I know there was that whole problem with them not paying for his surgery or whatever, but has he spoken to them since then or anything?

I'm asking because I'm a huge LAX fan, and they just haven't been pushed since he left. Sure, they won the Ultimate X match at BFG, but I don't see them being pushed like they once were. Also, Konnan was GREAT on the Mic when he was with them. And finally, they had better music when Konnan was there! Dang da dang da dang dang!!!

So, what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I agree with your thoughts on LAX 100 per cent. I can't see him going back to TNA though unless they really make it worth his while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nah, I don't see it happening. He spoke out pretty strongly against TNA over the summer, I think he said that he was taking legal action as well. I doubt Jarrett would want him back now either

I don't know if LAX would have been treated any better if Konnan had stuck around. It's not like they're the only talented guys who aren't being given a proper chance to shine. Homicide can be good on the mic anyway

Konnan returned to the ring last week by the way, for AAA in Mexico. He's a booker there

EDIT: I was just reading that the US Navy helped pay for his kidney surgery. He served in the Navy for a few years before he wrestled, nice to see them do something for him when TNA wouldn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

All Konnan did for LAX was provide a mouthpiece. Homicide and Hernandez are decent enough to get themselves over without Konnan. If you wanna blame anything for the derailing of their push, blame bad writing. It has f*ck all to do with the lack of Konnan.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

From what i remember, the reason they were de-pushed to begin with was because TNA knew Konnan was leaving, and they felt LAX wouldn't be as good without him. So, yes, It does have something to do with the lack of Konnan ;)

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. A Wheelchair bound Konnan is no longer kept because all he was doing was being mouthpiece for the team, nothing exactly too special as Homicide and Hernandez were doing all the work for weeks.

Sorry, i don't buy it. Not for a second!
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

All Konnan did for LAX was provide a mouthpiece.

Never underestimate mouthpieces. Wrestling needs more of them.

There are loads of examples. Here's 1 though. The Midnight express was a great tag team. Eaton and Condrey were super in the ring but many people consider Jim Cornette (their manager) the most important part of the act.

Cornette was the guy that made the team matter in the eyes of the fans in his ability to make them care negatively about them.

Konnan was super on the mic for LAX. Thats not to say they could not be a big deal in TNA without him. Like I said though, there's value in mouth pieces and LAX lost something when Konnan left.

In fairness, you can hardly compare the smack talk of Konnan to the genius of James E Cornette. That's just wrong! :)

My gripe with LAX is the fact that they were derailed right after Konnan left, As you said, Konnan leaving isn't to say that LAX could have been a big deal in TNA otherwise. But now we're not going to know.

VR!

In fairness, you can hardly compare the smack talk of Konnan to the genius of James E Cornette. That's just wrong! :)

I am comparing Konnans promos in 2006 with Cornetes. Thats how good he was.

And also, I was just citing Cornette as an example of how important a manager can be. I think your "just a mouth piece" line underestimates the importance of how effective the right manager can be.

I just don't think Konnan really made a great transition from wrestler to manager. Hennig was the same, he was a great wrestler, but he was god-awful as a manager for Flair (like Flair needed one!). Ted DiBiase, who was good on the mic, and amazing in the ring, was a bloody awful manager!

Hence why i refer to Konnan as just a mouth piece, as opposed to a manager.
    VR!

I just don't think Konnan really made a great transition from wrestler to manager.

I think he did. He was great in that role.

• Advertisement

Unless i missed something, i didn't see much 2006 LAX stuff, only 2007. But this years stuff, to me, wasn't worth showcasing.

VR!

Unless i missed something, i didn't see much 2006 LAX stuff, only 2007. But this years stuff, to me, wasn't worth showcasing.

You missed out on the best act TNA had in my opinion in 2006.

You missed out on the best act TNA had in my opinion in 2006.

You're actually not the first person to say that to me, sadly i didn't have access to TNA until February this year when it got moved from TWC to Bravo 2 (and even then, i still don't access to it but i get it recorded for me)

I have most of last years TNA PPV's so i might check em out once i have time, i'm still stuck into Superstars 92 atm, but i'll put that into another thread.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

LAX were amazing last year. It all went downhill this year for them, five PPVs in a row against Team 3D isn't going to do anyone any favours

Aye, and the Steiners are headed in that direction too!
    VR!

Advertisement