Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tikka t3 tactical

Options
  • 20-10-2007 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi folks,newbie here so go easy,im very interested in picking up shooting and the main quarry is foxes,just a few questions if i can.Ive my eye on a tikka t3 tactical but ive hardly any experience with firearms and was wondering do you think this rifle is ok for a beginner to start off with and do you think id have hassle in trying to get a licence for it.

i do alot ferreting and lamping with my dogs but my friend (a farmer) asked if i could do anything bout all he foxes on his land and to be honest theres alot of them there,so heres the push i needed to get into the sport:o

ps any replies welcome ross;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

You'll probably have to do a bit of pleading to get a .223 on a first time licence.. all depends on you convincing the local firearms chap and the super that :

1. You're of sound character : fit to hold a potent firearm
    2. .223 is the right rifle to do the job ( which it realisticly is )

Also a good starter is getting your basic safety knowledge up to scratch and demonstrate this to the folks you'll be dealing with in the shop with the blue light if the discussion would drift that way. It contributes big time to your chances of getting what you want.

P.S. ask for permission for a moderator as well, a .223 is loud enough in the middle of the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ross300bhp

thanx for the info guys;)

Advertisement