Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi stoped working on Cyma MP5

Options
  • 20-10-2007 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

So.....my first AEG the Cyma Mp5 I took it out of the wardrobe
    today and charged the battery. When I went to fire off a few shots
    I noticed that when I put it on single/semi shot is still fired on
    full auto. Have heard of this happening on some other AEG's too,
    it does not bother me much sinces its a CQB type of Aeg but
    I would like to know what Caused this to happen in the first place
    and if a novice like myself could fix the issue.

I dont understand why is suddenly wont fire on single shot when it
    was hardly ever used and did not get any bangs or mis-handling.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

my cyma mp5 does the same thing, dont think it ever fired on single shot to be honest, there's a small little lever under the sector gear which broke on mine, it seems to be made of very light and cheap plastic, should really be some form of steel

i've seen replacement parts somewhere before, but cant remember what the lever is actually called so it's difficult to search for it, but fixing it would involved opening the gearbox and removing all the gears to get access to where it needs to be installed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I hear most MP5's have the same problem, both my Galaxy MP5PDW and JG SD6 have this problem too, the Galaxy being the worst of the two for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Add the CA MP5 to that list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

yeah i've got a galaxy mp5k and every now and then i just lose semi, and then full auto! really p1ssing me off! put the batt. on charge again and it seems fine?? is it just that the batt is running down or is there a selector problem with these and is it fixable? I feel there may be an issue as the selector switch is sloopy to say the least.Am seriously considering letting the 5 k go if this is not fixable it would be a shame because its a nice piece and after investing in mid caps and other bits an bobs i'd like to keep it.

Does anyone know how to rectify the selector issue? is it a contact prob? or something a bit more sinister? thanks for any advise in advance guys.:D

iceage: if your losing semi and full auto then it could very likely be a contact problem, or the trigger block might be mis-aligned, the cut off lever for semi wouldnt affect full auto, it gets pushed out of the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Thanks kdouglas for the reply, so i'm not losing my mind. is there a youtube fix?or video class? i'd hate to lose this piece and if I go at it I'm sure to mess it up( I generally end up with spare parts) or is there a schematic or an exploded view of the 5k? trigger group that i could use as a guide before i take the plunge and start stripping it?....or am I best to leave it alone?

have a look on mechbox.com, they have disassembly guides for the full size mp5 and for the v2 gearbox

Advertisement