Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL problems with XBOX Live

Options
  • 20-10-2007 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I have been experiencing some problems connecting to XBOX Live with NTL broadband. I have a 2MB NTL package and for the most part it works fine.

However, from time to time the XBOX will fail to read the IP address and won't connect to XBOX Live despite the modem being on and connected. This normally lasts a day or so then goes away and all is well.

I have been onto to NTL but they weren't much help "We don't support consoles" although they did say that all appears to be working on their end. I have also checked (and changed the various leads) but the problem continues to reoccur. It's not a dodgy connection. And strangely, when I connect the modem up to a router (when the IP problem is occuring) the XBOX will connect fine.

I posted in the XBOX forum but noone seemed to know. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It sounds likes like a problem with the router assigning the IP address to the console and then the console goes to connect again and it isn't assigning it an IP address.

What brand of router have you? I had a similar problem with a Belkin router and I had to restart the router to get the problem to go away. I later found out it was an issue with that router and got a Linksys to replace it. Have never had a problem since.

Note the problems only occurred with laptops as I use a wired connection for my 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

My XBox is wired directly into the modem. I only use the router, when the problem occurs. When I use the XBOX with the router, it works fine. After a few days, I plug the router out and the XBOX seems to work, again, with the NTL modem.

Advertisement