Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Fortress 2: Spectating the Opposite Team?

Options
  • 20-10-2007 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I got my first taste of Team Fortress 2 today, and it's f**king amazing!!! But I noticed that during a game when I'm killed (which happened an awful lot!), I was switched to spectator mode while counting down to respawn. But when I hit the mouse button, I realised that I would switch between the other players in the game, including those of the opposite team. Is this just me, or does it happen for everyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its for everyone to see if that cheating **** is shooting tru the walls with homing bullets.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's very rare to have force chase cam 0 on any public TF servers.

it smells of noob admins, cause you can now see who is playing what class etc, which is fairly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Its a server side option, admins have the choice of forcing you to whatever type of spectating they want. Poor form to allow you to spec the enemy team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Server side.

Most servers will only allow you to spec your own team.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Can I get Team Fortress 2 on its own. My mate got the Orange Box, will i have to wait for TF2 to be released singly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You can download it off steam, but I don't think it'll be sold seperately in stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The real question is why he doesn't want Portal...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Heard from my mate that Portal is great but not really my type of game,am more of a slow methodical player(Think UFO,Total War, etc). Am not able to give games a lot of time so unfortunately have to be selective. Currently doing a bit of CS:source so thought to move on to TF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I've heard Portal takes 3hours to complete. And a lot of jaded gamers are saying it's a breath of fresh air. Sounds perfect for you.

I've bought the Orange box, but am content with just downloading TF2 for the moment. Especially with PES on the way.

Advertisement