Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless has stopped. -connect only via wire now

Options
  • 20-10-2007 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I changed the default WEP security codes, after eircom sent a letter suggesting that it was advisable (security problems wth the netopia).

Now, when I boot up, I cannot get a wireless connection to the internet.
    When I plug the cable between the netopia and my laptop the connection is fine.

Grateful for any suggestions as to how i can restore my wireless connection.

Thanks
    PJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Have you tried connecting to the network using the new password? Usually your wep password is cached on your pc so you don't have to enter it every time you go online.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

change to WPA PSK AES

You need to enter the same long random pass phrase at both router and PC. Write it down on paper first.

WEP security doesn't exist.

Your WEP has stopped working because the password on PC and Router don't match. You need to edit Wireless properties of your WiFi Network adaptor.

Advertisement