Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

women football commentators

• 21-10-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭

just turned of MOTD , and there was woman football commentator , who sounded like Sue Barker. Frankly i think its political correctness gone too far. I love women, but c'mon would they like it if Trevor Brennan or Alex Ferguson presented off the rails or the latest fashion programme.
    Somethings in life are traditional, and shouldn't be messed with.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

No joke I just watched that and was about to come on here and have my own rant about it

She seemed to screech everytime the ball went near the opponents half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

so the BBC have let her loose out of her cupboard to increase the ratings again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thebaz wrote: »
    just turned of MOTD , and there was woman football commentator , who sounded like Sue Barker. Frankly i think its political correctness gone too far. I love women, but c'mon would they like it if Trevor Brennan or Alex Ferguson presented off the rails or the latest fashion programme.
    Somethings in life are traditional, and shouldn't be messed with.
    because you would assume fergie or trevor would not know anything, or much, about fashion.

If the woman knows here football then its fine by me. Without having heard her commentate, i would still reckon it is safe enough to assume that she can not be any worse then some of the halfwits we hear most of the time anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I dont particlarly care about the whole "Oi, Women, Noooooo!" thing, but when actually listening to her, it annoys me. She's so Shrill. Its like being at a match and hearing women screeching. Its just not easy on the ears. Im sure theres a chick out there who's voice would be music to the ears doing commentary, but it aint her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i would listen to the arsenal woman on the sky fan commentate thing.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

to balance things up , i can't stand that Fat chap who seams to be the main BBC footy commentator , another highly strung drama queen -- forget his name -- volume control on the remote is a blessing

Gabby Logan is good too !!

Advertisement