Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ever Think ''What a Grand 'oul Bus She Was?''

Options
  • 21-10-2007 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Have ya ever sold one of your cars and thinking back on what a joy and how much ya miss them! Seen one of my old cars today on the road looking like the day i sold it, MINT!! And out of all the cars ive had was the least one for making ''Noises'' drove superbly and was the cheapest one i ever bought, now the Primera is gone i have to get back to Toyotas.

Share your stores;

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Have ya ever sold one of your cars and thinking back on what a joy and how much ya miss them! Seen one of my old cars today on the road looking like the day i sold it, MINT!!
    Anytime I see one of my old cars, I'm tempted to approach the present owner and declare myself but I'm always afraid they'll begin complaining about what a heap of shit it is!
    Volvoboy wrote:
    Share your stores
    Certainly not!. My storage space is limited as it is without sharing it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

My 1st car which I sold about 2 years ago was a 1.25 Fiesta. What a great starter motor. I do mountain biking in the Wicklow mountains and when I went up there with the bike in the boot, I would have have great fun chucking it around on the backroads. Because the car was low power relatively speaking, it meant I never had to do crazy speeds to enjoy myself. It thought me a lesson that low power doesnt necessarily mean low fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    My 1st car which I sold about 2 years ago was a 1.25 Fiesta. What a great starter motor. I do mountain biking in the Wicklow mountains and when I went up there with the bike in the boot, I would have have great fun chucking it around on the backroads. Because the car was low power relatively speaking, it meant I never had to do crazy speeds to enjoy myself. It thought me a lesson that low power doesnt necessarily mean low fun.

My Mum had one of those Fiesta's 1.25 Ghia and it was brilliant to drive!! Wasn't that low powered and that Yamaha engine would growl nicely. I understand your loss.

Funny for me it was also my first car - a 94 1.1 Fiesta with about 65bhp. Wasn't the fastest but I ended up traveling around Europe in it (and got 106mph out of it on the autobahn). When I last seen it the memories came flooding back. So I think it was the sentiment rather than the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Have ya ever sold one of your cars and thinking back on what a joy and how much ya miss them! Seen one of my old cars today on the road looking like the day i sold it, MINT!! And out of all the cars ive had was the least one for making ''Noises'' drove superbly and was the cheapest one i ever bought, now the Primera is gone i have to get back to Toyotas.

Share your stores;

-VB-

We sold the missus A class around April last year. The woman that drives it now is fairly local and seems a bit mad. In the few days it took the licencing cert to get to Shannon a parking fine droppped thorugh the letterbox. Shes sees the car around a fair bit and says its obvious to see the woman is hitting things on a regualar basis as you can see bits falling off each time and panels dented all over the place. She often sees it parked arseways in garages and carparks.

Iv'e sold both my Safranes and regret letting either go.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Rob67

I had a beautiful metallic black 91 Vectra GT hatchback for about 3 yrs (96 - 99) and to this day I still regret letting it go. There as rare as hens teeth now. I've been searching for one for a while to use as a project but any I've looked at are beyond reasonable repair i.e. write-offs. 'sniff' :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yep - my old 1989 Passat - 1.6 and no power steering :eek: Great bus. She ran on LPG too. Driving it was like being the captain of the Queen Mary 2 when it came to cornering but I loved it. It was so reliable, but with close to 160k miles it had to go. My biceps are considerably smaller since it's departure :D

Advertisement