Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Submit Button

Options
  • 21-10-2007 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

So anyway i've got adobe CS3 and i've been learning how to do a lot of things and i was making a form and did everything eg radio buttons, list/menu etc, but when it came to putting in the submit, well i did it but it doesnt do anything. is it not suppose to send the data to me and how do you put in your e-mail address or do you just leave and it'll work when it goes up live or what
    any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

What's that feature in...ps???
    sounds cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Unless your adobe program has some clever solution to this, you'll have to get your hands relatively dirty.
    You've got to hook the form up to a server-side formmail script.
    Find out what server-side scripting your webhost supports... track down a good form mail script in that language... read the included instructions and find out what the setup requirements are (hidden fields, config options... they'll vary)... most of the ones I've seen are pretty clear on telling you exactly what you need to do to 'plug' your form into it.
    Your web host might have one already hanging around, so keep an eye out for that too.

Basically when you hit submit, the form data is sent to whatever target is specified in the opening <form> tag.
    Generally your opening form tag will look something like this: <form action="scriptname.php" method="post">, with maybe some other properties... but these two are the important ones.

I don't know if anyone apart from bots actually use these forms anyway :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

It's pretty straightforward using PHP. If you can post up your form online and send us a link, I'm sure we can give you the form mail code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Laslo wrote: »
    It's pretty straightforward using PHP. If you can post up your form online and send us a link, I'm sure we can give you the form mail code.

it'll be going up tonight, its only a test one so i should be able to give ye a links later

Advertisement