Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus P5e3 Ws Pro

Options
  • 21-10-2007 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this particular motherboard is on the market yet? If not, would anyone know when it is due to reach some stores? I'm searching evrywhere in Ireland and UK and have no joy finding it. Only success is mainland europe, but their sites are in foreign and googles translation helps... they all seem to have 0 stock.

The boxed board looks like this:
    http://www.xfastest.com/viewthread.php?tid=3976&extra=page%3D1#zoom
    Asus specification:
    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=572&l4=0&model=1900&modelmenu=2

N.B. I noticed on a lot of sales sites they have the wrong photo of this board. It is the board with 2 PCI-X and 2 PCI-E x16 (2.0a).

Also, would anyone know where one might get 2 - 4 gigs of DDR 3 cheap?????

Thanks for any help...

osmethod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

For the first part i have no idea im sorry. But keep an eye on www.scan.co.uk and www.overclockers.co.uk they get asus stock first.

As for the ram, you can try www.komplett.ie www.scan.co.uk. www.memoryc.com www.yoyotech.co.uk www.microdirect.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Do you plan to overclock that board? If so, you should look at the CellShock DDR3 1800MHz memory, it is meant to be the best DDR3 around right now!
    -jayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭osmethod

Thanks guys...

I'm still depressed... Now I am finding due delivery dates to some stores on 01/11/07 - not in Ireland or UK though. at least I found a Belgian site in English :(

osmethod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

osmethod wrote: »
    Hi,

Also, would anyone know where one might get 2 - 4 gigs of DDR 3 cheap?????

Thanks for any help...

osmethod

4GB of DDR3? sure, why not if you're willing to pay over 600euros for the ok stuff.
    I'm shopping around for this memory for a while now. I came to conclusion that there's no such a thing as cheap ddr3. It would be cheaper to get lower spec motherboard + tons of DDR2.

And also, let me know if you find some (cheap but good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

There is no such thing as cheap DDR3 yet. I think it will be Feb/March 2008 before this memory type enters the "mainstream" market and at the point prices will dive.

In the meantime, I have read reviews of the CellShock DDR3, seems to be the best available at a relatively good price right now.

-jayo

• Advertisement
Advertisement