Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chipped xbox360, will i be banned?

• 21-10-2007 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Might be getting live tomorow for halo3 and was wonderin is there a chance il be banned? my halo3 is legit (ie. bought from shop) if that makes it any difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

No, you will not be banned from playing on live with a flashed console. Even with backed up games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

The console will be banned but not your gamertag.

kensutz wrote: »
    The console will be banned but not your gamertag.

No this isnt true, if your xbox is flashed with the past 2 firmware releases it will not get banned from Live. And if you use a legit Halo, there is no chance of getting banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

He said his xbox is chipped not flashed..

It all depends on how the chip works. some turn them selves off when a real games is played so they cant be detected. It might be worth contacting the person that did it for you to see. Unless you did it yourself..

Have a look at the few forums that are dedicated to modding and ask there. They might be able to answer your question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If its flashed then it will be banned eventually. Nobody knows when Microsoft will release the next wave of attacks on flashed consoles like they did when the Halo 3 Beta was released in May.

Could be next month, could be next year, could be tomorrow, could never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Personally, It's not worth getting it flashed or chipped if you play on live. I got banned from live and havent touched the 360 since May.

I have been using a flashed xbox since the start of this year and play on live all the time and I have not been banned. Once you keep the xbox updated with the latest firmware and it confirmed working like the iXtreme, there is very little chance of being banned. Ive done over 50 boxes and not one person has emailed me saying he/she was banned.

Skeptics put alot of people off doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I have been using a flashed xbox since the start of this year and play on live all the time and I have not been banned. Once you keep the xbox updated with the latest firmware and it confirmed working like the iXtreme, there is very little chance of being banned. Ive done over 50 boxes and not one person has emailed me saying he/she was banned.

Skeptics put alot of people off doing it.

Do you think it is worth getting it done? Do the games really work out cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Do the games really work out cheaper?

lol

i cant for one second believe someone asked that question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Yes 100%. Saves you alot of money. The prices of games are the price of a blank DVD.

well, a blank dvd9, which is a bit dearer than youre run of the mill dvd5

• Advertisement

I use Verbatims. 20 pack for around €50-55 on ebay. About €5 a disc, better than €60 ey? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Do you think it is worth getting it done? Do the games really work out cheaper?

Money wise: yes

Timewise: no

If you get a console modded chances are you will have to download backups of the games which takes the time of downloading, amount of downloading if you are on a download cap, burning the game and of course getting the console modded in the first place.

Compared to walking into a shop and buying it it costs a bit in terms of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The guy wrote: »
    Money wise: yes

Timewise: no

If you get a console modded chances are you will have to download backups of the games which takes the time of downloading, amount of downloading if you are on a download cap, burning the game and of course getting the console modded in the first place.

Compared to walking into a shop and buying it it costs a bit in terms of time.

I don't have a modded box but I can't see how it would take up much time.
    Once the box is modded that's it. What's a game size, ~8gb? About a 1 day torrent download with an average connection, if even. Plus what is a download cap? Burning a disc is simple, 1 hour max. If you started the process in the morning you'd have your game that evening or the following morning at the latest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

How often will my machine need to be flashed if I play on xbox live alot and DON'T want to be banned ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

jester77 wrote: »
    I don't have a modded box but I can't see how it would take up much time.
    Once the box is modded that's it. What's a game size, ~8gb? About a 1 day torrent download with an average connection, if even. Plus what is a download cap? Burning a disc is simple, 1 hour max. If you started the process in the morning you'd have your game that evening or the following morning at the latest!

I guess so. What I meant though was, is it really worthwhile getting it done, instead of just going in and buying a game. For the time being I don't think I'll get mine done. Don't want to get banned off prcious xbox live lol:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Daedulus, wait till the fall update takes place (probably in the next week or two) as there might be some anti-chipped/flashed 360 code sent out to ban same consoles.
    @That901Guy you can never say never unless you have inside information from Microsoft you don't know whats coming down the line, it could knock out all of your consoles and the ones you flashed (which would be very bad for your business). So hold on for a week or two.

Advertisement