Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitchen worktop

Options
  • 21-10-2007 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have just ordered a kitchen from Kitchen World with a composite worktop called Evolve ?? Has anyone ever heard of this worktop please. It is as expensive as granite but is supposedly easier to keep and more hygienic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Gardening/DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

compisite stone tops are manmade,there usualy called quartz."evolve" is the name of the colour i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jul

evolve is the name of the product comes in about a dozen differant colours what colour did you get it all about the fitting make sure its right what showroom did you buy it out of who is fitting it

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭bradnailer

Not familiar with the evolve product, but I’ve fabricated Corian counter tops.
    Assuming it's a similar product to Corian I'd say go with granite.
    I have a granite counter top on my own kitchen for the last 10 years and it looks as good as the day it went in, doesn't scratch and heat doesn't effect it.
    I've done some site repairs on corian that went white from a very hot pot been left on it, it's been about 12 years since I worked with corian and like I said never seen evolve,I'd say granite wins as a durable top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kitchendesigner

Evolve is not the actual colour of this surface it is just the name of the material.It is the most preferred work surface for hospitals and commercial use. no colour variation, seamless jointing, Non-porous nature and zero fire ratings, if this becomes chipped or damaged it can be repaired not like granite or quartz which must be replaced, Evolve is also cheeper than granite or quartz and comes in a variety of different colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Maglight

Evolve is expensive and isn't as durable as granite. If it's not too late I would stongly suggest going for the granite option.

Advertisement