Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Word Annoying Habit

• 21-10-2007 2:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,972 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, just a quick question. im writing a thesis at the moment, and im using MS Word. What keeps happening is, if i go back to fill in a sentence halfway up the page, it just writes over whatever is already there, rather then pushing everything on. Its really annoying, im having to cut everything that comes after where i want to make the change, and paste it back in afterwards. Its gettin' really old, really fast. I figure there must be something simple to click to make it stop doing it. Help?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Press 'insert' on your keyboard. Then try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,972 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hal1 wrote:
    Press 'insert' on your keyboard. Then try it.

I love you.

Seriously, cheers for that! Saves me a lot of unneeded extra stress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,371 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya i remember back when i first started using pcs and such i didn't know about the insert key... That was annoying....

Stoopid key if you ask me, i never ever use it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

You probably hit the "insert key" when looking for the delete key! It would be quite annoying if you didnt know what was going on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahh overtype, used to cause me all kinds of headaches in college till someone pointed it out to me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement