Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 BB, way better now?

Options
  • 21-10-2007 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone else noticed a marked improvement in O2 broadband in the last few weeks. I only ask because today is the first time I've been able to get HSDPA, or any 3G at all, from mine at my parents house. The mast is about a mile away, but there's a hill in the way which has meant I only get GPRS here. Two weeks ago I was getting full strength GPRS and right now it's full strength HSDPA, speedtest is giving me about 340kBPS too which is about as good as I've ever seen it. Comreg's site doesn't show any change in the number of 3G masts around me either.

Also, I moved to a new building at work, just after I got the modem, and I could only get GPRS coverage there until last week when I tried it and I was getting full strength HSDPA. My new position in the new building is right by a thick concrete wall which I assumed was blocking the 3G signal. In the old building, not too far away, I had been getting perfect HSDPA coverage.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else had noticed anything?

Advertisement