Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Spoiler

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I have to say, i felt sorry for Franklin, it really wasn't his night for that particular night. As much of a psycho that Silva is, and not taking anything away from him, I also believe that Franklin was having a very off night too.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I have to say, i felt sorry for Franklin, it really wasn't his night for that particular night. As much of a psycho that Silva is, and not taking anything away from him, I also believe that Franklin was having a very off night too.

VR!

Yeah but thats two bad nights that Franklin has had against Silva. I think the first time you could definitely make the argument that it was an off night for Franklin. But twice in a row suggests that it is actually more to do with Silva just being a much better fighter.

Which is not to take anything away from Franklin. As I already said I believe Silva is pound for pound a better fighter than anyone in the world. Franklin is just unlucky that he happens to be in his weight division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

9 times out of 10, it will always be a bad night for Rich fighting Silva. It's just a bad match up for him. He even said it himself on an interview I seen after the fight.

Mike Coughlin said on his radio show on figure four that Silva was an artist on Saturday. I can see where he's coming from in that everything he did so precise and purposeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Did anyone see the 4 fights Silva lost? I don't know anything about them but from what I've seen of him, I just can't ever imagine him losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

cormie wrote: »
    Did anyone see the 4 fights Silva lost? I don't know anything about them but from what I've seen of him, I just can't ever imagine him losing.

i was just thinking that. in one fight he was disqualified for an illegal strike but how did he lose those other three fights. He looks unbeatable right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

woooo232 wrote: »
    I have avoided boards since yesterday because I was pissed at this being ruined on me and because I had my say yesterday I was going to leave it at that. But since you decided to address me directly I feel I should respond.

(sigh) Here we go.
    woooo232 wrote:
    I don`t care how you dress it up, you f*cked up! Don`t give me this BS about it not being a spoiler. FFS that would be like saying if I posted a thread saying Shawn Michaels returned to RAW a few weeks ago and then defending it by saying well he works for the company you know, how can it be a spoiler if somebody who works for a company turns up on their tv?! Which would obv be BS just like your ridiculous excuse.

The only BS here is that analogy. Michaels works for the company and obviously him turning up after months out absent would be a surprise. I do not feel that the announcement that Lesnar signed with UFC to be a spoiler since it was talked about for months and MMA is a different kettle of fish. Did the news ruin your enjoyment of the show's matches? No. So I don't believe I f*cked up and I don't give a rat's ass if you think otherwise.

I see the BBC are indicating that Staunton could be sacked today. I better email them to complain about spoilers. I was going to watch the news later on but now it's been ruined for me!
    wooo232 wrote:
    Secondly we all make mistakes and if you had of just came on here like a man and said sorry guys I wasn`t thinking then I would be cool about it. I remember when Vince posted the spoiler thread for UFC last March I was really angry with him. But he was decent enough to come on and apologise when he realised that he had made a mistake and I respected him for it.

I did apologise but you seem to want to unleash the mob on me. Consider this me defending myself.
    wooo232 wrote:
    You can say what you like, posting of spoilers on here is a cardinal sin. And no matter how you dress it up, you did just that.

I don't agree.
    wooo232 wrote:
    And I`m so sick of ppl here saying that this is a pro-wrestling board and not an MMA one... well welcome to 2007 when MMA is Pro-Wrestling!!! Just because it is not the version of professional wrestling that most ppl are used to does not mean that it is any less valid.

When did MMA become pro wrestling? Did I miss a meeting?
    wooo232 wrote:
    In fact if you go back to the roots of pro-wrestling, jiu-jitsu and grappling are a whole lot more relevant to where pro-wrestling came from than a moonsault.

Great then let's discuss Funderland on here since if you go back to wrestling's roots it was linked to carnies. :rolleyes:
    wooo232 wrote:
    MMA has angles with faces and heels and programmes are built up just as much as they are in pro-wrestling. Except that they nearly always make sense in MMA which is not usually the case in pro-wrestling and they don`t usually insult your intelligence.

The fact you are comparing the two indicates that they are in fact separate entities.
    wooo232 wrote:
    Why do you think that almost every respected pro-wrestling journalist covers MMA on an even keel to wrestling?

Money.
    wooo232 wrote:
    In fact MMA is much more at home on this board than it is in Self-Defence and Martial Arts because it is little to do with Self-Defence and unlike most Martial Arts it is not obcessed with belts and forms.

Then why don't you argue for an MMA/UFC forum?
    wooo232 wrote:
    And you know for all those saying well why come into the pro-wrestling section if you don`t want something ruined... well two things... you just have to log onto Boards and you can see the damn title of the thread on the main page if a new posting is made in it... So should I have to avoid the whole of Boards just because somebody can`t be arsed to follow the rules about spoilers? And secondly I for one thought that most ppl here understood the rules on spoilers. I mean how many times has Fozzy explained it??? He has it in his signature FFS! But yet idiots continue to post spoilers. It baffles me!

Maybe the real idiots are people who see no difference between wrestling and MMA and who think that those who simply prefer one should instead have knowledge of both.

I'm a wrestling fan and yet I have to put up with bitching from you because I'm not an MMA fan and don't understand the workings of the place as much as you do. We even have threads being changed so as not to upset the dear MMA fans. F*cking farce.

I think 2003's biggest wrestling star joining an MMA group is significant news worthy of commentary as has been the case on other WRESTLING FORUMS I've visited.
    wooo232 wrote:
    Look MNG I see you appologised later on so thats grand and I for one will leave it at that. Fair play and hopefully you have learned your lesson.

/rant over:p

Give me a f*cking break. Oh now you see my apology! But not before you saw fit to tear into me! I withdraw my apology as far as you're concerned, mate. You call me an idiot in your sly, little veiled way and think I'm going to sit back and take it? Bollocks to that. I wipe my arse with what you think of me and I maintain that I didn't reveal a spoiler and I maintain that wrestling news belongs on a wrestling forum.

Hope you enjoyed your little rant though big man. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Wow. Now i know how people feel when they read mine and MNG's rants :D
    This is freakin' awesome! *grabs popcorn*

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Its actually rather pathetic that it cannot be dropped a few days later. Can the thread be locked now as the thread is done.

lets sum it up shall we, many people think Mr Nice Guy should have posted this as a spoiler, myself included. he thinks he did no wrong. We can go round and round forever and nada will change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

i was just thinking that. in one fight he was disqualified for an illegal strike but how did he lose those other three fights. He looks unbeatable right now.

He was DQ against Yushin Okami during a fight for Rumble on the Rock ( owned and operated by the Penn's )
    His loss before that was to Ryo Chonan, a fight that he had been winning until Ryo pulled of the most ridiculous flying heel hook i have ever seen. Ryo has recently been signed to UFC, but he can't damaged Silva right now.
    He lost via choke to Daiji Takse in Pride.
    He also lost his first ever fight on Decision. Can't remember the name of his opponent.

RIght now, to find a decent fight for Anderson you are looking at Matt Lindland coming back to the UFC ( unlikely ), i reckon he could give Anderson fits to be honest.

Matt Hughes has talked of moving up to fight him next year. Hendo has talked of possibly moving down but right now he has his sights set on a rematch with Rampage.

Other than that, your looking at maybe Paulo Filho? But he and Anderson are friends and are unlikely to fight each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There was no need for that last post Mr.Nice Guy. It was a spoiler. I've explained it already. Issue over

Paulo Filho would really give Silva a run for his money, but Paulo's said that the reason that he's fighting in WEC and not UFC is because Anderson is the champ and he's not going to fight him. Bit of a pity really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Give me a f*cking break. Oh now you see my apology! But not before you saw fit to tear into me! I withdraw my apology as far as you're concerned, mate. You call me an idiot in your sly, little veiled way and think I'm going to sit back and take it? Bollocks to that. I wipe my arse with what you think of me and I maintain that I didn't reveal a spoiler and I maintain that wrestling news belongs on a wrestling forum.

Hope you enjoyed your little rant though big man. Well done.

You withdraw your apology in my case?? Lol what are you two years old??!

Look I could refute all of your ridiculous points but I don't have the time or inclination to get into a prolonged argument with you. You are wrong. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it. You can insult me as much as you want but it doesn't change that. To maintain that you still did not ruin a spoiler is just stupid and it doesn't help your credibility. Grow up and take criticism like a man.

I vote that this thread is closed like somebody else and a new one set up for reasoned and logical discussion of UFC 77.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement