Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playasia

• 21-10-2007 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Whats playasia like for importing games? Is it reliable? How many games would you import at the same time? I dont want to end up paying loadsa tax??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

i've only just started getting stuff from them so i dont know how long it'll take but from looking at what others have said, get only 1 at a time shipped with a few days between them. and less than 10 days for delivery.

Getting "The darkness" which was shipped on Thursday (18th), so i'll keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

Cool. I've about 6 or 7 games I want to get and paying 45 euro sounds alot better than 65 70 euro. Can you trade in games from playasia into Game or Gamestop when you've completed them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

If you order more then 1 game theres a chance of having it held up and having to pay customs duty on it. Happened to peps here – search for it...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Only ever order one game at a time and you'll be fine with avoiding the taxes, they generally take about a week and a half for any thing i've had delivered before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

robinph wrote: »
    Only ever order one game at a time and you'll be fine with avoiding the taxes, they generally take about a week and a half for any thing i've had delivered before.

same experience for me, getting more than 1 at a time and your leaving yourself open for customs :(

I once traded graw into gamestop and it came up on their computers as graw3 !!! she still took it and I got the standard trade in value for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I have ordered more then 1 game from them and got custom bills! Got away with paying them tho as I had a load of free credit on play asia so I really only paid 5 euro for the batch of games.

The only sure way to get something is to buy 1 game at a time..

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

Cheers lads. One last question! What version should i go for? The European, US, Asian, or does it matter??!!! Most games have an English language option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Go for the cheapest depending on whether it's region free or not. The Asian versions are 99% cheaper than the Japanese or European versions on the site and yes they do have English language.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The Asian ones are generally the cheapest, then the US ones then the EU ones. Any asian versions that I've ordered have either been identical to the EU English version, or you get a manual that is half English and half Chinese/ Japanese/ Whateverese but the games are all the same and in English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

I've ordered from Play-Asia many times and they're great so far.

In regards to VAT - my general rule is to stay under 100 euro for each order.

And if you're not sure about which version of a game to get (Japanese, Asian or U.S.) - just use Google and search for something like "pgr4 region free" and see what comes up. More than likely you'll find other sites talking about (and hopefully confirming) which versions are region free. I was gutted to hear the new Katamari game is NOT region free :(

- Neil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

or use their handy compatibility guide (how handy) - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Received PGR4 today – took 10 days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 astro51

whats the gig with all this region business, doesnt look like much of the stuff on that site are for EU systems, do you have to get an xbox modded to play other region games?

Some games are region coded and will only play on an xbox bought from that region, many games do not have any such restrictions though. You dont need to mod your xbox though to play any of the games that have a green tick under the PAL box from this list though:

Compatibility list

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Got Zelda Phantom Hourglass from them
    Took about 10 days as well

Advertisement