Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo 460 1.9TD €500 = Too Much???

Options
  • 21-10-2007 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I thinking of buying this car:

Volvo 460 TD 1.9L ’96 No NCT or Tax.

Doors are jamming but engine is ok - need to view it though,

Seller wants €500.

I could fix it up myself so dont mind taking a bit oif a risk (ie no nct etc)

Is 500 too much though???

Any advice would be great!!

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm afraid nobody can tell you that without examining the car. It's all about the condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

As Anan1 said, only you can judge its value based on its condition. If its a relatively clean one owner car that hasnt been beaten to death by a farmer towing a cow trailer, then maybe its worth a look.
    Even then by the time you factor in items it may need, such as tyres, exhaust, suspension components, timing belt, etc.. it might not be a viable car from an economic viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I had one of those. By far the worst car I ever had. Totally unreliable. It put me off Volvo for life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The 400 series is proberly the least worthwhile Volvo ever made. So its worse than a 340 DL!

As mentioned if you need to spend any kind of money on parts your 'savings' will be lost. Better to buy something that is less likely is drain your wallet.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

If ya want to get somthing cheap and reliable, buy a Corrolla or Almera, good few of 'em in the buy and sell with nct and some tax in the sub 1K section.

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Volvoboy wrote: »
    If ya want to get somthing cheap and reliable, buy a Corrolla or Almera
    Even Volvoboy wouldn't touch one! :D

The petrol models had Renault engines! :eek: (Not sure about the diesels).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Diesels were Renualt as well.

Mike.

Advertisement