Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

asos.com??

• 21-10-2007 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I ordered €350 of clothes on asos.com and they emailed me back looking for a copy of my passport or driving licence and latest credit card statement (of the card used to place the order). has anyone else had this problem? is this normal? they say it's to check my identity?? thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shoeaddict

Hi Lucifer,

I have ordered from asos.com many times as have my friends and we have never had to do that. Did you put your correct billing address in? It sounds to me like they want to confirm you are actually 'Lucifer' and not using a stolen credit card.

Sx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

Yes I had to do this the first time I ordered from them. It was because my billing address was different from my shipping address. I was a bit suspicious at the time but I wrote to them about my concerns so they explained it fully. I know it feels strange to be showing your bank statements and stuff but they are protecting you at the end of the day. You only have to do it for the first order from them and don't worry they are a very reputable site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Never used that site but I have used some american based sites that dont have many non-US customers and they often request this. It think it has something to do with the fact that US credit cards allow them to do a security check against the cardholders address where international ones do not so they ask for proof of billing address and proof that the credit card it yours.

You blank out any sesitive information from your statement, I think they just want to see that the credit card is registered in your name and to you address.

Dont email your credit card number tho, it's not secure. Fax the statement to them, have the customer service agent on the phone at the time so he can confirm that he is standing at the fax machine and has received it and you should be ok!

The only tend to do this for 1st time customers and orders over a certain amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

It's for security reasons..

Not uncommon when a new customer places an order of high value..they won't ask for it again.

Advertisement