Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FÁS Safe Pass - why so long of a wait?

• 21-10-2007 1:20pm

Quite simple really, I've just completed the safe pass course (huzzah and all that) and I was informed that it will take up to 13 weeks (if I'm lucky) to send me out my card. Doesn't anyone know exactly why it takes so long to do this?

I have a sheet of paper declaring that I have completed the course, but I'm still quite curious as why. Anyone have any insight into this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭kirving

Thats odd alright, I got mine in a couple of weeks.

Thats odd alright, I got mine in a couple of weeks.

Hrm, how long ago was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

It took 3 months for mine to be sent out... i went onto a site with that piece of paper and no id before and they wouldnt let me on argh! but most do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

4 months and counting for me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Engineers visiting sites dont generally need the safe pass. If your an RE or what not its different.

There is a massive back log of applicants/applications and I dont think the have the capacity to do a quick turn around as most of the courses are done out side FAS and they come in batches of hundreds to get sorted out in one go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

The guy running our course told us that FAS could not keep up with the application, took me 3 months to get mine.

Wouldn't you think as an employment agency, they might take on a few people to get the backlog down ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I got mine in five/six weeks (did course in september just gone by). The guy who did our course said that Fás were taking a lot longer but have speeded things up now. He submits all the details from each course he does immediately after the course (next working day). Maybe your course provider holds onto them until he has a huge load of them all ready to go be submitted? It definitely shouldn't be taking that long.

Advertisement