Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bonnet release

Options
  • 21-10-2007 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hey all
    just wounderring if any one can help, my bonnet release clip on the inside of my van (berlingo) is not broken and the wire is still attached but when i pull it, it feels loose and does not release the catch on the bonnet, so i'm guessing the wire is off at the other end near the release catch. i've looked under the car and can release the clip that you would have to open once the catch is off but thats no good. ANYONE?? able to help here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

are you able to open it at all?

if not, have someone lean down on the bonnet (over the latch) while you pull the lever to open it - if this works, try lubricating the latch and free it up

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Potluck

just tried it no luck

i'm not to far from you as it goes i'm from easkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I'm out of commision due to a "frozen shoulder" and can't move my left arm! Do you have to get the bonnet open today?

not really

• Advertisement
Advertisement