Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota corolla fault code identification

Options
  • 21-10-2007 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm trying to identify a fault code for a '98 1.3 corolla, 5dr hatch (I'm pretty sure the engine code is 4e-fe)
    I accessed the flash codes and it came up with fault code "22" - Autodata doesn't list the codes for that particular model, but the previous model has an "ECT sensor" fault listed for this code.
    Can anyone shed any light on this matter for me?!
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I cant be sure with out the model number i.e ae110 ae111 ect, but when i looked it up the code relates to water temp. sensor circuit, but if you can get me the model no. i can tell for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

ECT sensor or circuit.

There is only one engine ode valid for a 98 1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I can't get the model code now, but the ect code ties in with what you found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

land9 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm trying to identify a fault code for a '98 1.3 corolla, 5dr hatch (I'm pretty sure the engine code is 4e-fe)
    I accessed the flash codes and it came up with fault code "22" - Autodata doesn't list the codes for that particular model, but the previous model has an "ECT sensor" fault listed for this code.
    Can anyone shed any light on this matter for me?!
    Thanks in advance.

Autodata 2006 cd3 does list the codes for that car;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I only have cd2, up to '04!

• Advertisement
Advertisement