Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's me water?

Options
  • 21-10-2007 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

How long is this water outage expected to last? I'm getting all smelly and need to wash me bits.
    Its been out in Frankfield since about 5 yesterday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Nothing on the City Council site, unsurprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

There's a water outage? How widespread? Doesn't seem to be any problems here... (Rochestown)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I never heard there was a shortage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

It's completely out in douglas, rochestown, grange and passage west... not sure where else....
    I've heard it's supposed to be back at 6.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

RTE Aertel page 111

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

it appears to be back now. it seemed to be a burst timed for my visit to the pale. the water returned with me, all praise your tree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Tree wrote: »
    it appears to be back now. it seemed to be a burst timed for my visit to the pale. the water returned with me, all praise your tree :)
    Is it really back for you, where do you live, here in Frankfield it's been gone since around four yesterday and they said it will be back for six this evening, still no sign of it, I NEED A SHOWER !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Grange :)
    the sister is washing as i type

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Really:mad:, just checked agin there, no water, typical

im still out in passage too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Tree wrote: »
    Grange :)
    the sister is washing as i type
    Yearly bath time for ye already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

dahamsta wrote: »
    Yearly bath time for ye already?

Getting ready for Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Thats because tap water in Rochestown is hooked up to the ballygowan factory. :p

Hark! Is that jealousy i hear???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

I'm in rochestown drinking a nice cup of water as I type, so I'm guessing not..
    although i didn't notice it yesterday either..

I'm in rochestown drinking a nice cup of water as I type, so I'm guessing not..
    although i didn't notice it yesterday either..

lol, how could you not notice your water been out???
    Some places in Rochestown must of had water, I know my sister didn't, but others seemed to.

Mine water tank (which happens to be right above where I sleep) started coughing and splurting at 12.30 last night, then finally pouring. Got up this morning, taps still not working. The Kitchen tap (which comes directly from the mains) works, so must have an air blockage or something. Anyone know how to deal with that? Leave all the taps open for a while?

www.taptips.ie

should be explanation on how to get rid of an air lock
    think it involves tubing and having water in the tank.

Advertisement