Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fairly urgent question

Options
  • 21-10-2007 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Can i re-use a rocker cover seal? It's a little oozy anyway and has to get changed but i'm in a spot of bother.

In my A6 2.8 V6 I had to replace a length of tubing not so long ago- i think it's an oil breather pipe that feeds oil fumes to the rocker cover of the driver side 3 cylinders. The best description I've heard to describe how the original pipes go after time is like eggshells- literally, that brittle.

I was reading some technical articles on an Audi forum and they showed how all of it was supposed to be changed instead of the little bit i changed. I had enough to redo it all so I went out and started a while ago. I removed the original pipe and realised the end was full of rocker cover end of the pipe was blocked crud.

The problem is that the connection onto the rocker cover also has crud in it and I'll have to remove the rocker cover to make sure non is going to fall into the top of the engine- I'm sure there's probably a gauze of some kind but I don't want to risk it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭beatman91

Yes you can, get a tube of dirco or some other gasket sealant and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I never heard of dirko but i went out to find something else, someone has left a brand new tube of dirko- I knew I shouldn't have gotten those cheap elf traps....

Advertisement