Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, the new FM game....

Options
13»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I just lost 4-2 to Tottenham and had 4 (FOUR) goals from corners disallowed for pushing. When asked about the controversy over the first one, I criticised the referee and now the FA have given me a warning. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I just lost 4-2 to Tottenham and had 4 (FOUR) goals from corners disallowed for pushing. When asked about the controversy over the first one, I criticised the referee and now the FA have given me a warning. Ridiculous.

I got a touchline ban for criticising too much... Which is kinda cool (in an annoying way)

Did they playtest this thing at all? The amount of fouls for pushing on corners is absurd, as is the number of goals scored. I just got beaten 5-0 by Arsenal and my keeper got a 9, and my AM suggested I tell all my players I was pleased! (except the keeper, who I should be delighted with).

My results this season as Birmingham:

0-2 Blackburn
    5-4 Newcastle
    2-3 Reading
    2-1 Coventry
    5-1 Derby
    4-1 Ipswich
    2-0 Liverpool
    2-0 Wigan
    2-4 Tottenham
    2-3 Man United
    4-3 Chelsea
    2-1 Middlesbrough
    4-1 Portsmouth
    3-0 Sheff Wed
    2-0 West Ham
    1-5 Everton
    3-2 Bolton
    0-5 Arsenal

Silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ok, so I was a huge CM fan; countless hours lost to them.

Last FM game I played was '05 I believe. Only got 08 yesterday. New UI is taking some time for me to get used too, I still turn off the match graphics; text ftw!.

Having a horrible time in pre.season with Liverpool. Then again last night I didn't have loads of time to put into it to tweak everything. I still haven't patched it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Top of the league with Man City had loads of money to spend and went first 20 games unbeaten in all comps went on a dodgey run in Jan when I had a load of Injury's but still 2 points clear of United. Elano is better than Pele and Maradona combined.
    best thing about my season so far is results against the top 4 in 9 games against them in all comps so far I have 6 wins 2 draws and only 1 defeat.
    4-2-3-1 is working well but with doyle just signed in playing 2 up front against the weeker teams now disalowed goals are as anoying as hell though

• Advertisement

Steve Harper just kicked off a game for me. He's playing in goal...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

kaimera wrote: »
    Having a horrible time in pre.season with Liverpool. Then again last night I didn't have loads of time to put into it to tweak everything. I still haven't patched it either.
    If you turn on the match graphics, you'll probably see that your players let the opposition approach with the ball all the way to your box without closing down at all regardless of your Closing Down setting.

Patch it! Quick :)

Advertisement