Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Wireless Router?

• 21-10-2007 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

After months of ISP issues I have finally got my service sorted but im finding this current netgear router to be troublesome (dropping Ip after 10/20 mins)

It’s a fairly hi spec router (has usb port for shared devices etc) but it was a referb product I got cheap in the states so Im thinking its time for a new one.

I’ve heard good things about Linksys products but I see a few people have had trouble on here.

I’ve tried us robotics before found it quite good and I have a belkin card on my PC which seems to work OK.

I don’t know if there is much of a difference between the various brands cisco seem to have an association with Linksys but that’s no guarantee of quality I guess.

I’m looking for something that’s PC/windows/Xbox friendly :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I have a number of Linksys products (routers, ethernet bridges, hubs, etc). Never any problems with any of them. Solid pieces of kit. Wouldn't touch Belkin with a barge pole myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Try disabling NAT or the firewall. I used to have a huge issue with my old Netgear constantly disconnecting and dropping the wireless or disabling it's own wireless completely for no reason so much so that I'd have to reset it. Disabling most of the security features helped though for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

Yeah I’m looking for something that’s good at handling multiple P2P for gaming as well as multiple internet user, Xbox with PC internet use at the same time etc.

I hear what your saying about security issues but I’m fairly reluctant disable the existing security software as there are youngsters using the network and I don’t want to risk getting a bug on my work laptop etc.

I read recently these N/N1 series routers are not that reliable and there is compatibility issues with them as they are still in a testing phase? I don’t need huge coverage as its just in the house but I have found some of the rooms downstairs getting a weak signal from the current netgear router.

From reading reviews and looking on line the Linksys WRT54GS seems to be a good one to go for. It dosent have the fancy USB features but it seems reliable and capable of handing P2P functions with the extra RAM over the WRT54G.

Does anyone on here have this router?

Advertisement