Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Application for my 1st provisional?

Options
  • 21-10-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

i am nearly 17 now do i hav to wait for my bday before i send off my application for a provisional car liscence or can i send it off just before my birthday and then il be 17 by the time i get my liscence sent to me anyways??cheers:DI know i sound like a bit of an eejit its just i hate having to wait for it once i am 17 without driving because i need it to get a few lessons aswell!does anyone know how long it takes to come back anyways??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

stainluss wrote: »
    i am nearly 17 now do i hav to wait for my bday before i send off my application for a provisional car liscence or can i send it off just before my birthday and then il be 17 by the time i get my liscence sent to me anyways??cheers:DI know i sound like a bit of an eejit its just i hate having to wait for it once i am 17 without driving because i need it to get a few lessons aswell!does anyone know how long it takes to come back anyways??
    You'll have to do the theory test first! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

You'll have to do the theory test first! ;)

ya i got it done there the other day, wasnt too bad:D:Dwhat age did you send away for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

stainluss wrote: »
    ya i got it done there the other day, wasnt too bad:D:Dwhat age did you send away for it??
    AFAIK you have to be 17 before applying but I'm not 100% sure. It should arrive in about 10 to 14 days after applying anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

send it the day before your birthday, so it will arrive on your birthday, and thats the best you can do. put it this way, youve waited 17years to drive, surely an extra day wont kill ya

Advertisement