Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First bootup- Creating partition

Options
  • 21-10-2007 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Right, if all goes to plan i shouldhopefully be booting up my machine for the first time tommorow.

I have 2 500gb hard drives in it (both SATA) and I wish to create a partition on one of these for Vista.

Can anyone advise how I can do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just install Vista on 1 hd. Vista will do all the work for you during install, by formating the hd & labelling it your c drive & then when up & running use Vista to shrink the volume & create a new partion with disk management. This is a new feature to Vista that wasn't in Xp. Then you can plug in the second hd & partion it as you want with vista

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    when up & running use Vista to shrink the volume & create a new partion with disk management. This is a new feature to Vista that wasn't in Xp.

Ah nifty!! Thanks!

Advertisement