Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2008 Xbox 360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

kensutz wrote: »
    I say!, reported anyhow.

seriously lighten up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He wasn't banned for the reported post, he was banned for being a twat. People reporting posts is useful for mods who don't want to read every thread, infact I wouldn't have read this thread because it's about the XBox which I can't stand. That said, there's really no need to say to everybody that a post has been reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    hope it explodes and takes you out if it..

was that really that bad? didnt deserve a reporting imo, prob deserved the ban for the other post though.

hey kensutz ,
    can i get your address cause i've got a medal.jpg
    for ya!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

PHB wrote: »
    infact I wouldn't have read this thread because it's about the XBox which I can't stand.

Theres not much activity on the Pro Ev Board, It doesn't take too long to read through 3-5 Threads. Your the mod of this board, Thats your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Back on track to the actual game. To those who've played it, when diving, is the only scenario from diving a card or a free kick? Can advantage be played like in old games when someone was fouled but retained possesion, if someone dives and the other team gets the ball... Also have you noticed the TeamVision AI much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I got away with one dive but it's the case of get caught and get booked or else get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just after reading the review from another thread and am a bit worried about the frame rate issue... on the 360 apart from the replay does it crop up much?

A lot of slow down on the 360 and Seabass said that the PS3 version also suffers a lot more. I'll get it for the PS3 also and see the difference between both versions and also because the PS3 will be the only version that you can swap option files around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

PS3 suffers a lot more? Think you're wrong there as you can install it on to the hard drive and that helps things on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Going on Gamespys preview, its seems that the PS3 version looks slightly better than the 360, but it has more framerate issues too. Read somewhere else that loading it to the hard drive does lessen, but doesn't eradicate, these problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Why isnt their a midnight sale for this kind of game when there is for Halo and the like?

Also Pro Evo out the Friday of a bank holiday weekend...there is a god!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Why isnt their a midnight sale for this kind of game when there is for Halo and the like?

Also Pro Evo out the Friday of a bank holiday weekend...there is a god!

Pro Evolution doesn't even sell a fraction of what the monster Halo does to be honest

Unearthly wrote: »
    Pro Evolution doesn't even sell a fraction of what the monster Halo does to be honest

I know worldwide they arent comparable in sales but surely in ireland they are very close?

I know all my mates have Pro Evo and none of them have ever bought Halo,plus with the amount of Pro Evo nights in pubs/clubs surely its huge here?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Halo is a once in three or two year game. Pro Evo is consistently out the third week in October, plus if they did one for Pro, they'd have to do one for Fifa so all the little girls could get theirs at midnight.

Kanney wrote: »
    Halo is a once in three or two year game. Pro Evo is consistently out the third week in October, plus if they did one for Pro, they'd have to do one for Fifa so all the little girls could get theirs at midnight.

Fair point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

to those who have already played online, are we going to have the same sh!te this year of having to play against Barca, Brazil or Inter (maybe Man U, Portugal because of Ronaldo?). Is there any way of having lobbies where players can play games with random teams. I gave up playing online because I hated playing those teams, made it crap, and it got to the stage where I quit in the menu if I was drawn against someone who would pick one of those teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

unranked is your friend, found many great people in there just having a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

PS3 suffers a lot more? Think you're wrong there as you can install it on to the hard drive and that helps things on the PS3.

if the game is as buggy as hell (which isnt a suprise for ps3 games), installing it on the harddrive isnt going to solve all the problems. Funny thing is ign gave it 9.2 ...........................there name is plastered all over the game (advertising boards etc).

Every year, they make a few little changes and get away with it, and any problems are going to be solved in next years super duper version. The game wasnt even out and that Seabass guy was already saying that next years version will be the real deal................just like he said this time last year. I dont find much wrong with the 360 version apart from the replays. But its just really a speeded up version of last years game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

ranked is a joke alright, did manage to get up to 100 last year but had to give up playing cos the stress was getting to me, so many people out there to cheat to victory and it stops being enjoyable, unranked def the way to go but sometimes there is too many jokers about not up to much. plus they're just isnt enough licensed teams to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

so, on the 360 version, is there slowdown when its in game, or just on replays?

• Advertisement

Mostly just on replays and celebrations & bookings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

kensutz wrote: »
    Mostly just on replays and celebrations & bookings.

I can live with that, as long as the gameplay isn't affected.

Here's to demanding a patch to fix this ridiculous problem before the game is even released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

online games are LAGGY as hell. just played 3 there all equally as laggy. joined 2 and hosted one. not happy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

was playing it there today on xbox. meh, its alright like, players look better, game music is terrible, commentary is far better - lawro rules...erm...its harder to sprint, either that or the players are just far slower, not sure yet. seems a fair bit easier to score. refs seem very inconsistant (just like real life :p).

not sure if its an improvement gameplay-wise, but it certainly looks better..appart from the goal nets, they look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    online games are LAGGY as hell. just played 3 there all equally as laggy. joined 2 and hosted one. not happy :mad:

Bastid, how'd you get it!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

lads...come on spill the beans.. where did you get your hands on a copy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i went into the stockroom...looked in a box that was just delivered, noticed the new game and quickly proceeded towards the staffroom for my...um...break.

possibly the only perk of the job. first dibs on new releases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Online doesnt work till an update comes out at 1pm today.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Online doesnt work till an update comes out at 1pm today.

kdjac

When you say it doesnt work do you mean it doesnt work well?

Because it certainly worked last night, played 4 games against my mate,

AWFUL Lag :mad: But here's hoping its only cos its not out yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7810/peson7.jpg

In german but it says online will begin at 1pm when a small update is released.

I bet the updates are for the logos and we getting updated sponsors :|

kdjac

Advertisement