Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how is the ps2 version of pes2008?

Options
  • 21-10-2007 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭

i hope the ps2 version doesnt get ignored and hopefully will have most of the features of its next-gen counterparts. is there anyone here that has it or any reviews of this yet on the web?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

There isn't going to be a PS2 version AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

There isn't going to be a PS2 version AFAIK

There is :|

Its out on holland and portugal now on all formats. bastids

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

from what i have read on other forums nothing much has changed from pes6. there is no diving in the ps2 version and old trafford isn't in the game which is a joke! the edit mode hasn't changed either and has got worse from what i heard. anyway still looking forward to it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

byrneno7 wrote: »
    there is no diving in the ps2 version and old trafford isn't in the game which is a joke!

Why? Was it a joke when Villa Park wasn't in last years game? Probably not. But then you can download the option file to put Old Trafford in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Theres a review on pesfan.com that sums it up as PES 6 v2.
    Why? Was it a joke when Villa Park wasn't in last years game? Probably not. But then you can download the option file to put Old Trafford in there.
    At the very least they should have the league winners stadiums from the three big leagues (Italy, England, Spain) from last year. Not that I'll scream about it, I hardly pay attention to what stadium my team plays in, but it just smacks of laziness to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Or maybe they dont have the rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Or maybe they dont have the rights?
    Hmm...I always thought they gave the stadiums fake names because they didn't have the rights? Doesn't really make sense to me why they'd do it otherwise, but maybe you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd still be as much of a fan of PES if it was just a red and blue team on a pitch in the middle of a park. It's about the gameplay folks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Dam that sucks horses willy if that review is anything to go by. Surely it couldn't have been that hard to add the diving functionality to the PS2 game, it seems as if konami have put all they're efforts into the 360 and PS3 versions, i guess I've no option now but to get a PS3, for the sake of my sanity.

You know whats really annoying about cup games in master league, they never show the aggrigate score on screen and that really grinds my gears! I hope they fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yikes this sounds brutal, is there any sites reviewing it yet, i only found ps3 reviews. and cormie, i agree with ya but pes loses a lot of face if this is shabby, fifa 08 on ps2 had some effort put behind it like.

• Advertisement

Playing it on the 360 , the frame rate is terrible. Sound and that i dont really mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bermenstein

yep apparently its very different.

So this new installment could cost you over 400euro if you really want the real deal in buying the ps3, if you dont already have it.

Spare time & spare money....t'will be a luxury.

Say goodbye to you're girlfriend and be prepared to sign on to collect your social welfare. :D

A winter of nonstop gaming lies ahead.

doesnt anyone have more opinions on this? ill probably wont be able to resist and get it today! xtravision selling it with free football for 39.99 is a pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    doesnt anyone have more opinions on this? ill probably wont be able to resist and get it today! xtravision selling it with free football for 39.99 is a pretty good deal.
    Got mine in HMV today for 34.99, good value imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

lads it's garbage on the ps2 also. stupidly easy to score, first game with mate was 7-5, a record high, not that much diff except its way way too easy to score and beat players. the x button now does nothing except for foul and freeze your player to the spot. more gameplay options and competitions on ps2 than the 360 which is odd. anyway, beginning of the end. had to happen.

well i got it for 31.50 with the virgin student discount. its not bad but defense seems far harder than usual. the square button for bringing a 2nd player into action seems to have regained some importance and is quite handy to use just before the receiving player gets the ball. graphics havent improved in the slightest-eg awful looking pitches and terrible crowd graphics. world tour mode is a welcome distraction too...

Advertisement