Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung camera battery life???

Options
  • 21-10-2007 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I recently got the samsung camera (on the back page of the argos catalogue, for 99 euro) but the batteries are only lasting for about 10 minutes in it before not working at all. Up to this, if I turn the camera off and on, I'll get a message - low battery, I take them out and check them with their charge indicator which shows them full. I put them back in the camera and it shows a full battery bar in the top of the screen.
    It's driving me nuts - is the large lcd to blame or is this a fault (I'm using duracell ultra m3 batteries, and they ain't cheap)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You really should be using some rechargable NiMH batteries - it'll save you a small fortune and they last much longer.

ed: Bah. 7dayshop.com was great for this stuff until they jumped the Irish postal costs to 7.95GBP
    (2800mAh for 3.99GBP)
    Maybe mx2.co.uk: http://www.mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=EAAR (mx2.co.uk are good to deal with. 2500mAh is sufficient. )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

is it normal for the duracell to have such a short life though?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

is it normal for the duracell to have such a short life though?!?!?

In that type of camera yes , it is.
    The LCD screens suck the life out of them pretty sharpish , thats why most good digital compacts these days use some kind of lithium ion battery , they have much more capacity and will outlive the life of the camera. You usually get 300 -400 shots off a single charge , less if you use the video function.

As posted above , get some high capacity rechargeables , nothing less than 2300mah , 2800mah if you can , they should last longer and will obviously save you a packet in the long run. More green/energy aware as well if you care about that sort of thing.

In the meantime , your only option is to turn off the LCD and use the optical viewfinder if it has one.If the camera has autofocus on all the time , like its hunting for focus 100% of the time , see if it has a function to only focus when you half press the shutter button , this will save on juice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

thanks for the replies.

is lithium ion the same as li-mh batteries?!

also, could i recharge the batteries via usb cable into the computer??!!

Advertisement