Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband problems

Options
  • 21-10-2007 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭

I'm having trouble with my eircom broadband, I have no idea what the problem could be.

I'm using an Eircom Netopia router which is putting me through hell. The router allows me internet access but is tempermental as hell. It frequently shuts down and takes a long time to start back up.

All lights are on, but the internet light frequently turns red, preventing me from going on the internet. Also, despite being in the next room using the wireless, the signal strength is at 2 bars out of 5. Whenever I try to use the Eircom self help on my computer, it claims that a probklem has been detected with my gateway.

I've tried changing the channel and everything but no luck. Eircom are very unhelpful, I've been on the phone to them repeatedly with no luck. They did send me a new router but still no luck,

Can anyone help? IOt;s doing my head in.

I'm using Vista

Thanks

Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

bump

sorry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

shut down :eek: , what about the first one , define shutdown ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I'm having trouble with my eircom broadband, I have no idea what the problem could be.

I'm using an Eircom Netopia router which is putting me through hell. The router allows me internet access but is tempermental as hell. It frequently shuts down and takes a long time to start back up.

All lights are on, but the internet light frequently turns red, preventing me from going on the internet. Also, despite being in the next room using the wireless, the signal strength is at 2 bars out of 5. Whenever I try to use the Eircom self help on my computer, it claims that a probklem has been detected with my gateway.

I've tried changing the channel and everything but no luck. Eircom are very unhelpful, I've been on the phone to them repeatedly with no luck. They did send me a new router but still no luck,

Can anyone help? IOt;s doing my head in.

I'm using Vista

Thanks

Cian
    They're the exact same problems I've been having with my netopia 2247nwg lately. It's wifi signal range is diabolical all of a sudden (even in next room) and it frequently shows up a red internet light meaning the internet doesn't work for a couple of minutes. I have a spare older 3347 so I'll switch back to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If its only the wireless shutting down then change the channel , any of 6 7 or 11 would suffice. While you are in there change the security to WPA as well and put a long password ( key) in there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 michael.oleary

Does the red internet line not signify a authentication problem at the BRAS? or obviously the wrong pppoe username/password (but I dont think this is the case)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement