Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Research Topic - how much quoting in the extended essay?

Options
  • 21-10-2007 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Just wondering how much you can/should quote from your sources in the extended essay, and how much of it you should write yourself? In mine, I'm comparing three conflicting sources, but I'm wondering whether that should form the main content of the project (IE, trying to balance the bias of the sources) or should they only be used as an occasional reference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ConkerTheKing

Opinions, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Obviously you'll need to show an example from each source to back up the main point you are making. As a guide, if an essay is 2000 words long I would aim for between 200 and 300 words being quotes. Extrapolate as required. Is the essay mainly about the three sources and how they conflict or is that a smaller part of the essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I only quoted once or twice, I just rephrased everything and got 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fionathisisme

to get the best mark quote but say who said it when they said it and where they said it

that'll get you literaly every mmark its all aboiut detail

Advertisement